Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Just sayin'

Started by RussCarroll, 03/01/2011 05:27PM
Posted 03/01/2011 05:27PM Opening Post
It's hard to think of a worse way to be a representative for Christianity than to try and extract scientific claims from the Bible, where none are made and are clearly of no Biblical value, and constantly berating A/A's in a public astronomy forum with them. I am so thankful to God that I was never exposed to this when I was an active scientists and atheist. It would have naturally hardened me even further to the Gospel.

The entire idea of living the Christian life is to bear fruit from God for others; you know Jesus is the vine, you are the branch kinda thing? The fruit that is constantly referred to in scripture is:

"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

Sometimes I wonder if the brain-debates that we all have are simply masking over something deeper within...

Posted 03/01/2011 05:52PM | Edited 03/01/2011 05:56PM #1
Russ Carroll said:

It's hard to think of a worse way to be a representative for Christianity than to try and extract scientific claims from the Bible, where none are made and are clearly of no Biblical value, and constantly berating A/A's in a public astronomy forum with them. I am so thankful to God that I was never exposed to this when I was an active scientists and atheist. It would have naturally hardened me even further to the Gospel.

The entire idea of living the Christian life is to bear fruit from God for others; you know Jesus is the vine, you are the branch kinda thing? The fruit that is constantly referred to in scripture is:

"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

Sometimes I wonder if the brain-debates that we all have are simply masking over something deeper within...

You mean there is somebody on these forums that does this?

Oh, BTW, most of the berating is initiated by A/A's and directed toward Christians not the other way around.

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "
Posted 03/01/2011 10:01PM #2
Russ Carroll said:

Hi Russ,
Soft Science and telling people what "God" wants when it's really an individual interpretation, are only two of the repulsive trends. Not to mention blastfamy by their own definition.

The whole concept of exclusion over inclusion is painfully evident.

So much of here and now is ignored in favor of what is presumed, that scientific thought is nearly an unknown. They may not be able to see that forest from their trees.

However, being as how life is an individual experience in a society of many. I would still encourage everyone to explore their own path, based on their experience, while protecting society.

Steve
8)