Many On God's Side

Started by bstratton, 01/13/2003 12:10AM
Posted 01/13/2003 12:10AM Opening Post
How many angels are there?

Daniel 7:9,10 says:

"I kept on beholding until there were thrones placed and the Ancient of Days sat down. His clothing was white just like snow, and the hair of his head was like clean wool. His throne was flames of fire; its wheels were a burning fire. There was a stream of fire flowing and going out from before him. There were a thousand thousands that kept ministering to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand that kept standing right before him. The Court took its seat, and there were books that were opened."

Ten thousand times ten thousand, equals 100,000,000, or one hundred million angels standing before the Supreme Judge.

We are coming almost to the conclusion of my personal arguments, and message from the Bible, that I have gleaned , and wanted to share with you.

If you decide to serve, and worship Jehovah (Yahweh), don't feel that you are all alone in this godless world. No, you have Jehovah God with you, his son Jesus Christ, and 100 million angels who are on God's side. Also fellow Christians.

The earth has ; what, 5 or 6 billion people , and how many have taken God's side in the universal issue ?

The majority are not taking the issue seriously. There is another point I would like to say. Revelation 12:3,4 shows us that the Satan, the fiery-colored dragon "drags a third of the stars of heaven". Stars can represent angels.(Job 38:7). Mention of a third would emphasize that a considerable number of angels have been misled by Satan. Once these came under his control, there was no escape for them. They could not return to God's holy organization. They became demons, dragged along, as it were, by Satan their king, or ruler. Satan cast them down to the earth.

Don't side with these enemies of God, or people on this earth who are not on God's side. Worship the true God, Jehovah. You will have lots of fellow creatures by your side.

Brien
Posted 01/13/2003 12:28AM #1
"We are coming almost to the conclusion of my personal arguments, and message from the Bible, that I have gleaned."

Sounds to me like you have come here to preach and your mission is almost done. I suggest you go to www.randi.org and try your sermons on them next. Thanks for stopping by and reminding me why I'm a devout athiest!
Posted 01/13/2003 06:01AM #2
"Don't side with these enemies of God"

This very concept of Satan as a rebellious angel I always had a logic problem with. An angel decides he can challenge the Almighty, a being of infinite power who builds Universes in His spare time. Is Satan guilty of simple stupidity, or outright insanity?

I picture a conversation between Satan and one of his henchmen just before the rebellion:

Satan: Hmmm, how big does God look to you? How strong do you think he is?

Henchman: Infinity.

Satan: Oooooo, we can take him!