Scorpion and Jupiter, August 07

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Maybe this example will help untangle things

Started by RussCarroll, 03/10/2011 01:10PM
Posted 03/10/2011 01:10PM | Edited 03/10/2011 01:11PM Opening Post
Jesus clearly performed a miracle of turning water into wine. It is standard orthodox Christian theology that the same Holy Spirit that empowers us today is the exact same Holy Spirit that empowered Jesus.

If you believe this, which I do, would you teach a class on Viticulture claiming that all you need to do is put water into a cistern and pray?
Posted 03/10/2011 01:15PM #1
Well you can -- but it's done kind of like making "stone soup".
Posted 03/10/2011 02:09PM #2
Russ Carroll said:

Jesus clearly performed a miracle of turning water into wine. It is standard orthodox Christian theology that the same Holy Spirit that empowers us today is the exact same Holy Spirit that empowered Jesus.

If you believe this, which I do, would you teach a class on Viticulture claiming that all you need to do is put water into a cistern and pray?

No, that would be silly.

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "
Posted 03/11/2011 01:16PM #3
No, because that is presumably not what Jesus did. We have no idea if He prayed to accomplish that change.
Posted 03/13/2011 01:36PM #4
Russ Carroll said:

Obviously not, since the only evidence this happened is in a book of folktales and mythology. I wouldn't try to pray my nuclear reactor into criticality, either. LOL.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/