Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Please say a prayer for my dad

Started by DLH, 11/10/2011 06:35PM
Posted 11/10/2011 06:35PM Opening Post
I didn't see the prayer line forum and hope it is ok to post this on here, Hi everybody, I just lost the sweetest person near to me. My mother just passed away Monday night. She went so gently while my dad was feeding her. He didn't gasp for breath or have any muscle contractions or spasms at all. It was like she left. Yesterday was my parents 56th wedding anniversary and my dad still bought her some anniversary flower's, the card saying to his baby. They were so close as it should be but dad had her so spoiled like child. She had began regressing in her mind and as long as dad treated her like a small child they were both happy. It's really hard on all of us, but my dad is taking it so bad. He doesn't want to be here any longer. The sound of sobbing is so sad. Anyone that will please say a prayer for my dad, the man that taught me how to be a man so long ago.
If I have made a mistake by posting on this forum please forgive me.
Thank you everyone, you have alway's been so good to me that I know I can count on your prayer's.

God Bless,
Darrell

Posted 11/10/2011 06:55PM #1
Posting about this here is just fine, Darrell. You have our thoughts and prayers.

-Paul
Posted 11/10/2011 08:14PM #2
Darrell,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I will add my prayers that God ease you and your families suffering at this sad time.

Russ
Posted 11/10/2011 09:45PM #3
Darrell,

So sorry for your loss. Just before Thanksgiving last year my dad died...then just before that Christmas a few weeks later my mom died. Both unexpectedly. Again, so sorry to hear, and will say some prayers for them and for you too as it is a difficult thing to go through for sure.

-Bill
Posted 11/11/2011 03:44AM #4
Hi Darrell: I am so sorry for your loss. The good news is y'all obviously had a great and loving relationship. Cherish those memories and keep them close. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Regards,
Randy
Posted 11/11/2011 01:41PM #5
Hi Darrell, I'm very sorry to read this about your mother. My mother had a stroke in March 2006 which has left her with very little ability to move her right arm or leg and impaired her speech. My Dad is still taking care of her. In addition to our two family trips, I still go down to Jacksonville a couple of times a year to see how they're doing and help out what I can. It is a privilege to see them together. I sometimes pray that if anything like that happened to Laura, the LORD give me the strength that my father has to care for her.

It is evident that your Dad also was gifted with a lot of strength and patience to care for your mother the way he did. I'll pray that the LORD bring your father and you through this time of fiery trial.

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."
Posted 11/11/2011 03:49PM #6
I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss David, it must have been so hard to deal with in your heart. Thank you for your most kind word's and your prayer's.

Darrell
Posted 12/02/2011 05:04PM #7
Darrell Hensley said:

I didn't see the prayer line forum and hope it is ok to post this on here, Hi everybody, I just lost the sweetest person near to me. My mother just passed away Monday night. She went so gently while my dad was feeding her. He didn't gasp for breath or have any muscle contractions or spasms at all. It was like she left. Yesterday was my parents 56th wedding anniversary and my dad still bought her some anniversary flower's, the card saying to his baby. They were so close as it should be but dad had her so spoiled like child. She had began regressing in her mind and as long as dad treated her like a small child they were both happy. It's really hard on all of us, but my dad is taking it so bad. He doesn't want to be here any longer. The sound of sobbing is so sad. Anyone that will please say a prayer for my dad, the man that taught me how to be a man so long ago.
If I have made a mistake by posting on this forum please forgive me.
Thank you everyone, you have alway's been so good to me that I know I can count on your prayer's.

God Bless,
Darrell

Darrell...I'm so sorry for your loss and I will and have prayed for your father and family. May God grant your father peace and your family comfort.

Rob

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.....so accept Jesus as your Savior.