Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Day of Prayer

Started by Ron Oehlert, 05/02/2014 04:13PM
Posted 05/02/2014 04:13PM | Edited 05/02/2014 04:22PM Opening Post
I hope those that like to call themselves Christians would attempt to practice some of the compassion & forgiveness Jesus Christ taught, lived by, and died for. No man can call himself Christian and promote hate at the same time.
Posted 05/02/2014 08:45PM #1
Glad we can still have a Day of prayer, though we need to pray everyday GOD gives us breath. I was born in January 1950 and reborn or saved in January 1967. I have been praying for my nation for many years. This is not the America I grew up in. I have heard messages from many preachers and teachers talk about GOD judgment to come upon us. I want to say GOD has been trying to bring this nation back to him at least since 1962 through on going judgements year after year when HE was put out of the public school system. The public school system is a terrible wreck at this very moment. I heard a sermon many years ago, "The way the family goes is the way the churches go which in turn is the way nation goes. The way we live our lives will be determined who GOD puts in the office. Not to be pessimistic, but times ahead are not going to get any better, MARK 13:8. I do pray for our president and leaders several times a week, for GOD commands us to pray for them. Leavewith a life verse Psalm 73:28.
Posted 05/04/2014 01:19AM #2
Agreed. As a fallible human myself, and yet as a Christian, when I go to judge a person, I judge myself first. I might be nice to people, and for that matter, love a lotta' ya out there, but I'm far too flawed to be a judge of others. It is only when I feel physically or emotionally cornered (on purpose by another) that I will pull-out my gavel.

All the best.

Just a few thoughts:

8) FS-152SV sitting in the office
grin Japanes super lucky zen observatory garden
:S Meade ETX-90 finder scope position
shocked Hino Optical Mizar 120SL observatory model
:C SR-4mm eyepiece with a 3x barlow in a 60mm refractor
8O Zeiss Victory 7x42 SFs
wink Having over 135 vintage oculars to play with
smile My life surrounded by wonderful friends and impeccable optics