My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: Do Chris, Clyde, and Rod exist?

Started by rmollise, 06/12/2010 01:03PM
Posted 06/12/2010 01:03PM | Edited 06/12/2010 01:14PM Opening Post
Scott Satko said:

I've read multiple posts on this forum (from those listed in the title of this thread as well as from others) that God does not exist.

Why are you angry at me, Scott? I don't know you, and, as far as I know, I've never even exchanged emails with you. I don't remember you, anyhow. Dang near spoiled my mornin' coffee to read I don't exist! LOL!

Anyway...

Try reading all that one more time. For comprehension. You cannot prove a negative, and I wouldn't try. What _I_ am saying is there is NO EVIDENCE for the objective reality of Big Juju. None.

The point is that _there is no evidence for the existence of ANY supernatural entities_.

Unless you have some?

8)

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/
Posted 06/12/2010 05:05PM #1
[QUOTE]Scott Satko said:

"I am currently in possession of no more undisputable proof that you exist than in possession of undisputable proof that God exists."

Sorry to get involved here again Scott. It may be true that you currently have no proof of Rod's existence, but the difference is, this information is readily available if you wish to seek it out. The proof of god, on the other hand, is much more elusive.

Darin
Posted 06/12/2010 08:06PM #2
Scott Satko said:

Hi Rod,
I'm not angry with you (don't really have any reason to be). I was just using you as an illustration. Of course you exist, and it would be foolish of me to try to prove that you didn't exist. My point is that while you *claim* to exist, just as I claim that God exists, I am currently in possession of no more undisputable proof that you exist than in possession of undisputable proof that God exists. So deny God's existence if you like. From now on, I'll deny that you exist unless you can prove to me otherwise. (Sounds ludicrous, right? Well I submit that you're taking the same approach with God.)

That's a foolish and childish attitude to take. Why is it ludicrous that I ask for evidence of outrageous claims of the supernatural? Let's face it...you have NO evidence for the existence of any god or goddess because there never has been any and never will be any.

Frankly, I found your use of our names unfriendly bordering on the churlish.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/