NGC 1977 HaB-RGB

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Religious-- forgiveness

Started by Gold Mtn, 12/18/2011 03:21PM
Posted 12/18/2011 03:21PM Opening Post
I have always been perplexed by some of the Catholic faith who can earnestly proclaim they are *devout*...but within certain context(political)..they can forgo their tenents for a broader acceptance and possibly a compromise to those tenants. Such as the open acceptance to abortion. On our sister forum it has been discussed concerning a candidates decision on the subject. So is straying from the devout tenant agreeable and scripturally acceptable? And does one expect to be forgiven for straying off the path that the church has established?

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.....so accept Jesus as your Savior.
Posted 12/18/2011 03:31PM #1
Posted 12/18/2011 06:21PM | Edited 12/18/2011 06:40PM #2
Rob Wiederrich said:

I have always been perplexed by some of the Catholic faith who can earnestly proclaim they are *devout*...but within certain context..they can forgo their tenents for a broader acceptance and possibly a compromise to those tenants. Such as the open acceptance to abortion. On our sister forum it has been discussed concerning a candidates decision on the subject. So is straying from the devout tenant agreeable and scripturally acceptable? And does one expect to be forgiven for straying off the path that the church has established?

I'm still perplexed.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.....so accept Jesus as your Savior.
Posted 12/19/2011 05:43AM #3
The Catholic Church (as most if not all evangelical or fundamental Protestant churches) evidently sees things differently.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05678a.htm

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."
Posted 12/19/2011 06:37AM #4
Why perplexed? It happened to Adam and Eve, and continues today with every single person or every faith (or non-faith). It's nothing more and nothing less than sin at work. It's not a matter of "if" any religious sin, only a matter of where they draw the line where they do sin. Knowing one's "line" is the key to being able to move it.