CME during Totality

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

T Rex and the Bible

Started by jwhitby, 01/17/2003 06:22PM
Posted 01/17/2003 06:22PM Opening Post
If the world was created only 6 or 7 thousand years ago - where did the dinosaur fossils come from?
Posted 01/17/2003 06:24PM #1
Satan planted them to lead us astray.
Posted 01/17/2003 06:27PM #2
JOhn, I never said the world was 6 or 7 thousand years old, please go back in the messages , where I gave a cliff notes record of creation in the Bible. Look up "cliff" in the search engine for the forums.

Brien
Posted 01/19/2003 06:29AM #3
Universal flood, to make fossils you need a few things:

Quick burial
Water, in the right amounts
Suitable minerals
Encapsulation

If somebody was to go and dig up an old pioneer of one of the 13 original colonies of the US you would find nothing but dust. However if you were to dig up somebody that was mummified during the time of the Pharaohs of Egypt you would have a fossil.

Now that this is said a universal flood raise other questions (like where did all of the fresh water come from?)

DAB

Posted 01/20/2003 04:07AM #4
Paul - anyway - this is a great discussion we're having - it's interesting to me to see how others view different points of doctrine without getting all worked up.

My last point about the ordinance of receiving the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands - is that I personally believe that such would require some sort of authority. Jesus' disciples obviously had it. The Bible as we know it today was not compiled together with the Hebrew scriptures for some time, so I'm not sure how one can claim to receive "authority" from the Bible. Who has the authority to act in Christ's name? Everyone who "accepts" him - or must a man be called of God - as was Aaron (Exodus 40:13)or John 15:16, 1st Tim 2:7; Hebrews 5:4)?