Two Quotes

Started by Jozeph, 01/07/2003 05:57AM
Posted 01/07/2003 05:57AM Opening Post
Then he saw also that it matters little what profession, whether of religion or irreligion, a man may make, provided only he follows it out with charitable inconsistency, and without insisting on it to the bitter end. It is in the uncompromisingness with which dogma is held and not in the dogma or want of dogma that the danger lies.

- Samuel Butler

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

- Dalai Lama
Posted 01/07/2003 06:51AM #1
Joe , thanks for the quotes. Samuel Butler must not have found an answer in life to hold on to.Once you have the truth, it sets you free. Nice poetry, but kids are strung out in New Jersey. They need a hope for the future, not wishy washy thinking.Today there is no wrong or right. No moral code. Aids, std's , broken families, alcoholism,crime , overcrowded prisons, ect. Sorry, we need stronger medicine Joe.

Kindness is good. I agree. God is love. If you sacrifice to God, yet don't have love, then it is meaningless. It is also kind to steer people where they will receive the most benefits. If I saw someone going in the wrong direction that leads into danger, is it not loving to point the right way. Sure it is . The the way to life is to God and his word. Also the Dalai Lama is not a Christian, so does not listen to the commands of the God in the Bible.This God brought his people through the Red Sea on dry land out of Egypt, after they were slaves in captivity. Why should I listen to the Dalai Lama? Has he done similar things? No we need stronger medicine than this.

Brien