New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Why are threads disappearing???

Started by dmatulis, 10/25/2011 03:30PM
Posted 10/25/2011 03:30PM Opening Post
Why

Doug Matulis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I need something to put here, can you help? wink "
Posted 10/26/2011 06:18AM | Edited 10/26/2011 06:20AM #1
Doug Matulis said:

Why

Hi Doug. I don't post often on Astromart compared to most others and don't read every post, but from what I've seen, presumably a lot of series here and on the Politics Forum sooner or later include threads that take the series to "ad hominem" attacks. Sometimes threads start with a post with an edge (I respectfully submit that the most recent one here was like that). At any rate, it seems that before long, I see posts at variance with this

4.2.2. Astromart™ prohibits posting of material which contains racial, ethnic, religious slurs or derogatory epithets, or advocating violence, hate or other language that is offensive; material referencing the sale or distribution of controlled substances, any posting intended to harass another, unsolicited advertising (whether commercial or informational) and unsolicited email or advertisements including, but not limited to adult or dating services placing advertisements (“SPAM”); information about another on-line astronomy classified and/or auction service;

Which sooner or later evokes a response from the moderator or Astromart owner along the lines of this

19.3. Astromart™ is largely a self-policing discussion site, which means that our site administrators will respond and react to e-mails received from members regarding violations of the Terms of Use. Upon receipt of such e-mails, Astromart can and will take appropriate action (at its sole discretion), including, but not limited to the removal of post(s) and the suspension or termination of account(s). If you are honest, sincere and civil with your posts, Astromart expects that you will never have to worry about termination. However, you subject yourself to possible suspension and/or termination if you violate any of the “Prohibitions” set out above in Section 4.

Best,

Mark Costello
Matthews, NC, USA

"I hear you're mechanically inclined. Did you ever do anything with perpetual motion?"

"Yeah, I nearly had it a couple of times."
Posted 10/27/2011 09:13AM #2
Doug Matulis said:

Why

Hi Doug,
I think Mark covered the technical aspects pretty well. My problem isn't with vanishing threads, it's with missing buttons. Especially on my old Hawaiian shirt.

I haven't visited this Forum in weeks; mostly due to the same rehash of the same topics. It's worse on the Political Forum.

I like to discuss religion and politics, but there are limits to how often a topic can be repeated before it's ignored entirely.

Obviously Astromart is following there own rules for removing threads. Even so we can simply ignor the less flattering ones and refrain from writing anything that obviously raises lots of eyebrows.

We've both done a bit of that.
have a good one!
Steve
8)