Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Snowy Piliated Woodpecker

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Mayweather fight vs. the MMA guy

Started by richartisticwoods, 08/26/2017 05:06PM
Posted 08/26/2017 05:06PM Opening Post
I have to admit that I know very little at all about this guy Conor McGregor but I'm wishing him the best. I have a bad feeling that this fight will not last long. I really have disdain for Mayweather as he strikes me as a thug. He is truly talented as a boxer but I just don't like the guy. I'm pulling for the upset of all time and I hope this McGregor shuts Mayweather up.

Having said all that, I believe that this McGregor is at the worst disadvantage he could be at. MMA allows for use of feet, legs, knees, and most importantly grappling. Most of the skills this guy McGregor has, will have to be left at the door. He can't put Mayweather in an arm bar, and he can't pound on him horizontally should he be fortunate enough to put Mayweather on the canvas.

My prediction is that it will be a very boring fight as Mayweather will use his stick and move routine. Unless this guy McGregor is a skilled boxer with a very hard overhand right, he won't even offer Mayweather a challenge.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but unless this guy is trained to take a punch which MMA combatants are not trained to do as a general rule, its going to be a short night if Mayweather catches him flush on the jaw. That IMO is the biggest downfall that MMA fighters have compared to boxers. They don't train to take punches. They train to grapple and fight using Brazilian Jujitsu skills. That is great training for street fights but literally Useless in a boxing ring.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope McGregor crushes Mayweather. That would be great to see!
Posted 08/26/2017 05:16PM #1
Richard Davis said:

I have to admit that I know very little at all about this guy Conor McGregor but I'm wishing him the best. I have a bad feeling that this fight will not last long. I really have disdain for Mayweather as he strikes me as a thug. He is truly talented as a boxer but I just don't like the guy. I'm pulling for the upset of all time and I hope this McGregor shuts Mayweather up.

Having said all that, I believe that this McGregor is at the worst disadvantage he could be at. MMA allows for use of feet, legs, knees, and most importantly grappling. Most of the skills this guy McGregor has, will have to be left at the door. He can't put Mayweather in an arm bar, and he can't pound on him horizontally should he be fortunate enough to put Mayweather on the canvas.

My prediction is that it will be a very boring fight as Mayweather will use his stick and move routine. Unless this guy McGregor is a skilled boxer with a very hard overhand right, he won't even offer Mayweather a challenge.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but unless this guy is trained to take a punch which MMA combatants are not trained to do as a general rule, its going to be a short night if Mayweather catches him flush on the jaw. That IMO is the biggest downfall that MMA fighters have compared to boxers. They don't train to take punches. They train to grapple and fight using Brazilian Jujitsu skills. That is great training for street fights but literally Useless in a boxing ring.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope McGregor crushes Mayweather. That would be great to see!

For the sake of boxing, McGregor needs to lose badly. Somebody can't just walk up and beat a 49-0 champ!
McGregor is a lot bigger and Mayweather is old. McGregor needs to get him in the corner and bang for that "puncher's chance" but he probably won't get that chance.