Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Michael Vick must go!

Started by Lee_S, 01/18/2007 02:42PM
Posted 01/18/2007 02:42PM Opening Post
Yesterday, he got caught at the airport with a bottle of fluid that was too big. It was too big because it contained a smuggling compartment that contained what appeared to be pot or pot residue.

Coming on the heels of a lackluster season, an obscene gesture to the fans, and his visit to the public health facility under his disguise as Ron Mexico, it really is time for Falcon's owner Bernie Marcus to let him go. The content of his character pretty much stinks. Michael Vick has become a metaphor for everything that is wrong in professional athletics, everything that is wrong with the city of Atlanta, everything that is wrong in African-American society today, and much of what is going wrong in American society.

Like it or not, quarterbacks are role models. Somewhere a little kid is going to be saying "I'm Michael Vick" and his friends are going to bust him thinking it's time to play cops and robbers. The kids of Atlanta deserve a much better role model than Michael Vick.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 01/19/2007 03:12PM #1
>>>Michael Vick has become a metaphor for everything that is wrong in professional athletics, everything that is wrong with the city of Atlanta, everything that is wrong in African-American society today, and much of what is going wrong in American society.
---

My two cents: a possible pot bust for Michael Vick is a tiny fraction of the real drug issues that are glaringly obvious in the NFL...

It is pretty obvious to me that the vast majority of players in the NFL and many in college could not be sold as chickens grown in California...

Jon

(By law, California chickens are grown naturally, no hormones, steroids that sort of thing.)

Posted 01/22/2007 09:52PM #2
For the official record, it looks like the suspicious substance in the smuggling compartment of Michael Vick's suspicious bottle might not have been illegal or may not have been present in a quantity sufficient to test as illegal. If that turns out to be the case, I still think he is a punk because of his propensity to wear ill-fitting baseball caps and speak in semi-audible sentence fragments. However, instead of being fired, he should be traded away to the Seattle Seahawks so that he can force Jim Mora to seek psychological counseling. wink

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]