NASCAR Cheatin'

Started by Lee_S, 02/15/2007 08:48PM
Posted 02/15/2007 08:48PM Opening Post
Michael Waltrip apologized for his teams involvement in the current cheating scandal. If this was an ordinary sport, I'd be upset. wink

But, since this is NASCAR, and it evolved from a bunch of hillbilly bootleggers racing cars that were originally used to drive moonshine down dark mountain roads, I think cheating is perfectly acceptable in the sport and should be encouraged as a means of keeping in touch with the sports origins. 8)

However, anyone who gets caught should still be penalized. For the race, I'd suggest that their cars have to carry an additional weight (500 lbs) in the form of cement filled moonshine jugs secured to the floor behind the driver and 1/3 of the offending pit crew be placed on public display in a ceremonial jail in the infield . . . . wink

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 02/15/2007 10:03PM #1
I for one do not understand the cheating. If you must cheat, then you are inferior and admitting it. If you can not win except by cheating, then you should find another sport. I think that they should be banned for a while and their cars impounded.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 02/24/2007 11:35PM #2
NASCAR is way over spec controlled. It should be treated more like marital infidelity, vis-a-vis Bill Clinton, where "eatin aint cheatin". Let the guys be limited by weight, wheelbase, tread width, engine displacement, and let em race. I want to see nitrous smoke and hear whining superchargers. Give me great big wings like the outlaw sprint cars have so there's more advertising space. I'm envisioning races won, not by seconds, but by minutes. NO MORE FORTY CAR CHOO=CHOO TRAINS! YEEEEHAAAAAAA!