My First WOW image

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Nascar, the biggest spectator sport?

Started by fblue, 07/06/2006 10:57AM
Posted 07/06/2006 10:57AM Opening Post
It is surprising that Nascar can be called boring. It has one of the largest turnouts of any sports. TV races have huge followings and ratings. I never find it boring. I do like other forms of racing too of course. Even Airplane Pylon Racing requires going around a closed course with turns in one direction, but it is anything by boring. :S

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 07/06/2006 11:22AM #1
Floyd,

Last I heard,Formula One is the most attended and watched sport around the globe, followed by soccer. NASCAR is distinctly American and doesnt doesnt have the global following that other sports do.
I also saw stats once that showed Ice Skating brings in the most TV viewers in the US. So, go figuresmile

Mark

Mark
Obsession 15/Swayze #643
Celestron Ultima 8 PEC and Nexstar 5i
Orion Starblast
24" 2.8ghz Intel iMac and 13" MacBook
Nikon D40 DSLR
Posted 07/06/2006 01:07PM #2
F1 by a wide margin it's sad that a American car company doesn't have a car.If Ferrari can why not??? clear sky's jim
Posted 07/07/2006 03:06PM #3
NASCAR fans are a little more sophisticated, intelligent, and genteel than soccer fans. wink After all, one never hears of NASCAR hooligans or NASCAR riots. In addition, NASCAR fans don't stand on the race track as they tend to do in rally racing. Finally, even Jeff Gordon's rainbow car is tolerated! grin

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]