Vick Alert!

Started by Lee_S, 12/10/2007 09:19PM
Posted 12/10/2007 09:19PM Opening Post
Michael Vick finally got sentenced to 23 months for his role in a dogfighting ring. But, be careful, all of the people who supported him, compared dogfighting to boxing, equated animal torture and cruelty with hunting, blamed authorities for coming down hard on Vick, thought he was being persecuted for a simple lapse in judgement, said his crime pales in comparison to slavery, or otherwise minimized the severity of his crimes are still at large. cwy

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 12/10/2007 11:41PM #1
He still faces charges in Virginia, but how that goes depends on the charges. In Va if one has been convicted on the federal level one cannot be convicted of any crime on the state level that flows from the same act. The local prosecutor delayed prosecution and has been dragging his feet since the story first broke, so I doubt his sincerity in proceeding aggressively.

His "community" had a "community hug" for him a while ago. Maybe he'll get hugged in prison. 8O He's guilty as sin -- he asked me to sharpen the teeth on his dog before he went to Hotlanta.

It amazes me that he could have any supporters at all, but a wide variety of people from Whoopie Goldberg to local citizens say that people just don't understand, it's a cultural thing. My take on that is electrocuting, drowning, or hanging dogs is sadistic, and sadism isn't cultural, it's pathological. Someone should point out to Whoopie that by her definition, lynching was cultural, too.
Posted 12/12/2007 06:15PM #2
I would have given him 23 months for each dog he tortured!