My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Wild Card WeekEnd...

Started by jonisaacs, 01/05/2009 02:13PM
Posted 01/05/2009 02:13PM Opening Post
So, what do you think?

The San Diego-Indy game was a thriller and I have to eat crow about all the bad things I said about Norv Turner... The Charger punter, Mike Scifres, had to be the difference in the game. 6 punts, all inside the 20, five inside the 10, total yard returned, 6... The last punt with little more than 2:30 to go in the game was most amazing, landing on the 1 yard line and flipping out of bounds.

Next week, Pittsburgh ...

How about your favorite teams...

Jon
Posted 01/05/2009 07:54PM #1
I've been focused on college ball and don't think the Redskins made it this year. However, I'm really glad that the Atlanta Falcons were able to turn their organization around with a new coach, new QB, and new RB. Even though they lost, I'm glad they were able leave the Vick era behind and have a winning season without harming puppies. Arthur Blanks is a generous Atlanta philanthropist and a good team owner. He has really put up with a lot.

However, I was dismayed that we didn't see any gratuitous shots of Arizona QB Kurt Warner's wife - Brenda Warner. When we lived in St. Louis, we got used to seeing shots of her in the stands with spikey hair and wearing strange attire like feather boas. We also got to hear her call into sports shows and defend her hubby when his play totally stank (due to a finger boo-boo that he didn't tell the medical staff about). When Kurt Warner announced that he had a "vision" of the Cardinals in the SuperBowl, I said, "I gotta see this..." But, he simply played well. All in all, it was a good game.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]