Sadr part two

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Orion Nebula - Road Trip

Started by geomorph, 02/03/2005 02:25AM
Posted 02/03/2005 02:25AM Opening Post
Hi all. I'm in Oregon speaking at a conference on river restoration. I brought my imaging gear, just in case I found some dark skies. I did! grin I only had a couple of hours, and I decided to try M42 again. I went a little deeper (not much). Here is the result. Critiques are always welcome.

Attached Image:

geomorph's attachment for post 21976

"The expression of the beautiful is in direct ratio to the power of perception acquired by the artist." (Gustave Courbet)
Posted 02/03/2005 04:48AM #1
Tyler,

A spectacular image of the Orion Nebula and surrounding region. The Running Man Nebula is also impressive.

Carlos
Posted 02/03/2005 06:06AM #2
Looks like it was well worth lugging the gear. I don't know where to look: M42 or the Running Man. Great job handling the Trapezium, too.
Larry Durst
Posted 02/03/2005 07:16AM #3
Wonderful couple of hours!
Great shot Tyler, thanks for sharing! wink

Ivan Gastaldo 8)
Coconut Creek, FL

Ivan's Observatory
Lat 26N 16' 48" Long 80W 10' 48"
[COLOR="Red"]Personal Website:[/COLOR] http://www.ivangastaldo.com

CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky - Moderator
I like to complain about everything - Moderator
Posted 02/03/2005 04:09PM #4
Thanks for the comments guys! It was a great night.

"The expression of the beautiful is in direct ratio to the power of perception acquired by the artist." (Gustave Courbet)
Posted 02/03/2005 08:36PM | Edited 02/03/2005 08:42PM #5
Hi all. Sorry about posting another version of this image, but I have been working on it for a while and wanted to get opinions. I combined the previous image with a set of 3, 5 second exposures to show the inner detail of the trapezium area, which was washed out in the first image. I also adjusted the colors to match images I have seen from more experienced imagers. What do you think?

Attached Image:

geomorph's attachment for post 87827