Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Best body choice for imaging

Started by mvollmer, 01/02/2012 05:43AM
Posted 01/02/2012 05:43AM Opening Post
Hi. I am wanting to upgrade my imaging camera from my un-modded Canon 20D that I have been using to something better. I don't want to spend a lot, and the camera will be used for general purpose family photography also. 1080 HD video capability is another requirement. Can anyone in the forum tell me what body has the best sensitivity to red "out of the box"? Also I would like live focus, and lock up mirror as well. I'm kind of liking the Canon T2i, but have not explored it's options and capabilities in depth yet. I can pick up a T2i at Best buy for $625 or so with a 18-55 lens.

Mike
Posted 01/02/2012 01:58PM | Edited 01/02/2012 01:59PM #1
Mike Vollmer said:

Hi. I am wanting to upgrade my imaging camera from my un-modded Canon 20D that I have been using to something better. I don't want to spend a lot, and the camera will be used for general purpose family photography also. 1080 HD video capability is another requirement. Can anyone in the forum tell me what body has the best sensitivity to red "out of the box"?
Mike

Answer: None. Best bet: get your 20D modded, use that for imaging, and get a new cam, maybe a T2i, for terrestrial work. IMHO, Live View isn't of much use. It's pretty dim, and I get far better results for focusing using the focus/fine focus features of Nebulosity with my 400D.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/