digital camera

Started by Splat, 12/12/2013 06:44PM
Posted 12/12/2013 06:44PM Opening Post
Hello,
I am a former member from around 2004. I had meade 12"lx200 I was just starting to learn with. Then work really went to.. be at work by 3:30am and things went south and sold the scope and 416XTA ccd that I never learned how to use anyway.
To the point, I just acquired a used Celestron CPC1100 f/10 of course, that I chucked onto my existing pier in my shed. My second purchase was some Dew not items. Now, I want to get a camera for some prime focus shots and piggybacking. I have been reading about the Canon Rebel 2i,3i with some lens combos. There are some deals out there with xmas sales.
Any input on these vs the 60a? I also plan on getting a guider for this stuff, will put that in another thread.
Thanks for any input.
Posted 12/30/2013 03:21AM #1
I have a T2i and like it pretty well. I bought it just before the T3i was released, and if I had known it was coming, I would have waited to get the flip out rear screen. Other than that the 2 are the same. I can tell you that the flip out screen would be REAL HANDY unless you like laying on your back under the scope on the cold ground. The sensitivity still is marginal with reds, but unless you want to send it off to Hap G you'll learn to live with that.