NGC 1499

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Mustango went topless ...

Started by RolandC, 08/11/2012 12:36PM
Posted 08/11/2012 12:36PM Opening Post
this morning ... and spanked a new black Camaro SS in a standing start side by side. In just a second or so he was looking at my tailpipes woohooo. A good carlength ahead at 60.

Roliolio
Posted 08/11/2012 12:44PM #1
Did the Camaro have a motor?

Herb "Chevy Guy" York
Posted 08/11/2012 05:51PM #2
When I was in college (late 1970s) after a night class…

I had pulled up to a stop light on the 6-lane road along the south side of the campus when I heard the tell-tale "RMMM-RMMM" of an impending street race. In the #1 lane was a 351 Cleveland Mustang. In the #2 lane was a Pontiac Grand Prix with a 350. I was in the #3 lane with my 1973 rotary engine Mazda RX-2.

When the light turned green I joined in even though I knew I couldn't beat either one. However, by the time we got to about 60 mph, the Mustang was only half a car length ahead of the Grand Prix, which was only half a car length ahead of me. At that moment, a very scraggly looking guy leaned out the front passenger window of the Grand Prix and yelled--and I quote--"DAYAM, that Jap car's fast!"

My car and I took that as a compliment. Just goes to show that a 120-hp engine with a 7000-rpm redline in a 2200-lb car with a tranny with new synchros can compete on the street.
Posted 08/12/2012 08:52PM #3
Roland Christen said:

this morning ... and spanked a new black Camaro SS in a standing start side by side. In just a second or so he was looking at my tailpipes woohooo. A good carlength ahead at 60.

Roliolio

Sounds good to me, Roland ...

Randy.

Attached Image:

Randolph Groundwater's attachment for post 145062