Messier 13 Hercules Cluster

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

MustangoChick Magnet meets C6 Vette

Started by RolandC, 08/24/2009 06:15PM
Posted 08/24/2009 06:15PM | Edited 08/24/2009 06:16PM Opening Post
Driving back from Wisconsin on a lightly traveled rural 4 lane interstate I spotted a C6 coming up rapidly in the left lane. It was the meeting that I dreaded and looked forward to both at once. No cars ahead with good visibilty of 2 miles or more.
Anyhow, as he pulled up next to me I nailed the accelerator, which must have surprised him for a split second, but then he hit his also and we shot along like two rocket ships heading for Mars. By the time I let go of the gas pedal (about 15 seconds into our launch) he was about 3 car lengths back, which surprised me to no end. Love that Roush SC under my hood.

I no longer fear the mighty Camaro - bring it on! Mustango needs more GM nourishment!! Yum Yum.

Attached Image:

RolandC's attachment for post 48009
Posted 08/24/2009 07:13PM | Edited 08/24/2009 07:14PM #1
From my favorite speeding forum (www.radardetector.net) some forum members have reported being enticed into races by undercover highway patrol. Mustangs and Corvettes were reportedly used.
I'm not sure about these claims, but I have witnessed C6s being used as undercover highway patrol and conducting roadside tax collection.
Be careful Roland. If you end up in a paddy wagon who's gonna make me my AP160? :S
Posted 08/26/2009 04:30PM #2
Rolando
15 seconds should have been more than enough time for the C6 to recover and walk away,if that was going to happen.I score a win for the mustango. grin I love sleeper`s always have.
Mark