My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Toyota advice needed

Started by sjs42, 12/03/2005 05:21PM
Posted 12/03/2005 05:21PM Opening Post
Help please!
My family wants a Toyota Camry, fully loaded. We have a 3y.o. Avalon and a 10 y.o. Corolla now.
My question: I have heard that the 2006 model will be totally different from the 2004 and 2005 models. Will there be much benefit to wait for the new, even tho it's supposed to be improved? I tend to shy away from newer models of anything until they've been tested on the market.
Of note: the car will be used for short home to school or work/ shopping trips so that gas eceonomy is not much of a factor. We live both close to work/school and shopping.
We'll most likely go through a car broker.
Posted 12/04/2005 12:58AM #1
What's up doc? I would post the question over at edmunds.com. I am sure someone here will have an opinion but many there will. I never drove one but they consistently rank high in quality at delivery - fewer problems etc. If the price is right why wait. Something is "improved" every year. That way they sell more cars to folks who have to have the latest new new thing.

Good luck,

Kent
Posted 12/04/2005 04:12AM #2
Hi im an auto tech. And i would hold off on the 06 model for a year let them work out the bugs. All though Toyotas had real good luck with new modles over the last few years. compare prices and featchers get the most for your money.