Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

My new dog

Started by fblue, 10/15/2008 05:10PM
Posted 10/15/2008 05:10PM | Edited 10/15/2008 05:10PM Opening Post
Well, I found this one lost in a parking lot. Brought her home and advertised that I had found her, but no one called claiming her. So now she is my Dachshund's playmate and he likes her. grin
She appears to be a Silky Terrier, but I had her clipped because it was so hot. So her fur is not so long in the picture.

Attached Image:

fblue's attachment for post 44207

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 10/15/2008 07:16PM #1
She looks like she'll be a great addition to the family. Congratulations!
Posted 10/16/2008 02:15AM #2
Now that's a handsome mutt and you did a good thing. We're out in the sticks and it's somewhat surprising how many folks are taking a ride out to the country to drop off Fido - probably with the hopes that someone will take him in. Doesn't always happen but our big Lab now has two new pals. Hopefully we'll keep it at that.

"Remember: the average dog is nicer then the average person." - Andy Rooney
Posted 10/17/2008 08:59AM #3
She's a doll! I think it is wonderful that you gave her a home. One of the best dogs my wife and I have had was a giant wolf-malamute mix that just showed up at our house one day and wouldn't leave. We eventually found out where he came from but the owner couldn't take care of him. She was a single mom with six kids. In spite of the wolf genes he was the most gentle animal I've ever known. We were so glad we gave him a home; our good fortune as much as his.

So, good for you for taking her in. And thanks for sharing the pics, she's too cute for just words!