Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Large prominence 10/22/2020

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Saluda Coon Dog Days

Started by errnum, 01/22/2010 07:12PM
Posted 01/22/2010 07:12PM | Edited 01/22/2010 07:14PM Opening Post
Wife's friend told her about the Saluda Coon Dog Days (Saluda NC). Since we have a couple of rescued 'citified' coonhounds, it was a no-brainer to google Saluda. Our hounds don't have to work for a living, though they think it is a sacred duty to tree cats and squirrels and sing in harmony.

Google recovers quite a few folksy pictures, though the Saluda event apparently is not excessively famous on the internet.

The parade includes anybody who decides to participate, and here is the Drill Team:

Cute bluetick pup:

Dignified:

And this 1967 newspaper clip is neat. It has a picture of a Treeing Walker participating in the treeing contest, who barked 64 times in one minute. The fellow looks like he's jumping at least 3 feet off the ground. My guys will do that if they have a cat treed. They get real excitable in the presence of furry critters up a tree.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1665&dat=19870712&id=zH40AAAAIBAJ&sjid=QyQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6431,2254643
Posted 01/23/2010 12:08AM #1
There are a lot of cute Mayberry-style events in North Carolina. They seem to do that stuff very well. grin Neat looking dogs though. That pup seems very focused and intense.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]