My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

They Followed Me Home.....

Started by ccanelos, 08/07/2011 09:47PM
Posted 08/07/2011 09:47PM Opening Post
...and I'm keeping them.

Rescued from a state park in Wisconsin. We were at our annual astronomy club campout this past week and momma kept coming into the camp begging for food and attention. Later in the week she led one of our guests back to a brushpile where she was denning up with the three babies. The rangers said we were welcome to take them home - I'm guessing that the last thing they need is a population of feral kitties. Mom was very friendly and didn't mind me reaching in for her babies. We gave her some softened dog food and she gobbled it up like there was no tomorrow.

She is now resting comfortably in her new home.

Attached Image:

ccanelos's attachment for post 53870

Sweet the coming on
Of grateful evening mild; then silent night
With this her solemn bird and this fair moon,
And these the gems of heaven, her starry train.
--John Milton

Posted 08/07/2011 09:54PM #1
Here's a closer look at the young'ens.

Attached Image:

ccanelos's attachment for post 141516

Sweet the coming on
--John Milton

Posted 08/21/2011 07:20PM #2
Here's a update on the cat family. A vet check revealed no surprises - just than the mom was severely malnourished and dehydrated. It's been two weeks now and she is finally starting to leave food in the dish. She is very sweet and laid back. Other than having to have a few words with the dog, she seems right at home now.

And she is such a good mommy...

The babies all weigh right around a pound. Still too young to differentiate, but we think only the black spotted one is a female.

Technically they are all up for adoption, but we aren't exactly trying too hard to find homes for them. wink

Sweet the coming on
--John Milton