Our Walmart Gun

Started by Lee_S, 10/16/2008 11:03PM
Posted 10/16/2008 11:03PM | Edited 10/16/2008 11:04PM Opening Post
OK, it's really my wife's Walmart gun. But, if you are looking for a cheap, .22 caliber, rifle just for fun, the Mossberg 702 Plinkster (formerly sold as the Magtech Model 7022) is a blast. We got it for $89 at Walmart and it has been worth every penny. Now, you'd pay about $150 for it. grin

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1080328/a_rifle_review_the_magtech_model_7022.html?cat=11

Any other Walmart shoppers out there?

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 10/20/2008 08:06PM #1
I get bricks of .22LR and gun cleaning supplies from wally world.

Am a 9mm and .357 reloader, and don't have a shotgun, so .22LR is about all I buy there. During fall hunting season, local walmarts look like they have enough shotgun ammo to start WWIII.

That looks like a great little .22 semi-auto, Lee. There is a nice free range only a few miles away at a state park, but haven't gone shooting for over a year. Been busy remodeling the house. Oughta go shootin before it gets too cold.

The top receiver of that Magtech/Mossberg looks reminiscent of a Ruger 10/22? Maybe not. Been awhile since looking at a 10/22. Weren't there some Marlin .22's that had a similar look? Or maybe that is what most semi-auto .22's are gonna look like. Dunno much about it.

A lightweight .22 semi-auto would be fun. Years ago hankered for a .22 rifle, considered a 10/22, but decided it would be good to get a rifle accurate enough that I couldn't blame bad accuracy on the gun. Ended up with a bolt-action Remington 541T HB target rifle. It is accurate, but incredibly heavy, and inconvenient to use shooting left-handed.

The 541T is so heavy that it isn't any fun to shoot except bench-rest targets. Something light like your Mossberg would get used a lot more.