Stripping!

Started by Lee_S, 02/08/2008 02:54PM
Posted 02/08/2008 02:54PM Opening Post
Woohoo! Now that I have your attention, settle down. grin I'm talking about field stripping a semi-automatic pistol. I read that people have a really hard time field stripping the Ruger MkIII because of very tight tolerances. Apparently they have to use a mallet to remove the barrel assembly from the receiver? shocked As a revolver person, this all seems quite strange to me. How often do you have to field strip a .22 for cleaning anyway? How often for a larger centerfire semi-automatic? 8O

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 04/08/2008 04:53PM | Edited 04/09/2008 01:21AM #1
Well...I have two Ruger MkII's. Pretty much the same as a MkIII but with out all the lawyer induced fixes!

A lot of people have troubles putting the hammer spring assembly back in. Once you figure out how the hammer strut should be positioned before installing the hammer spring assembly, it goes together quickly and easily.

You do not need to remove the barrel/receiver from the grip frame to clean the pistol. But if you do want to remove it, you can tap on the end of the barrel to slide the upper back to unlock it from the lower (grip frame). A very easy process and one that does not really need to be done too often, if at all. smile

Posted 04/29/2008 10:54PM #2
I field strip all of my autos every time I bring them home from the range. I consider the procedure a "MUST DO".