Lake Lanier Sunrise

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

The Enfield No 2 Mk 1* Pistol, .38 Calibre

Started by Lee_S, 03/04/2008 05:08PM
Posted 03/04/2008 05:08PM | Edited 03/04/2008 05:12PM Opening Post
Right then, this forum is too quiet. Let's consider my favourite World War 2 pistol: the Enfield No 2 Mk 1* .38 S&W Calibre Pistol. I like it because the break action mechanism is very cool and fast to load. The .38 S&W cartridge has very mild recoil. But, it has the heaviest trigger I've ever experienced. Here is my full review:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/630241/the_enfield_no_2_mk_1_38_caliber_revolver.html

I think speedloaders from a K-frame S&W revolver will probably work with it. But, I don't think anyone sells .38 S&W hollowpoints or anything like that.

Anybody shoot anything similar?

Attached Image:

Lee_S's attachment for post 41138

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 03/05/2008 09:39AM | Edited 03/05/2008 09:40AM #1
Yep, the tank versions have no hammer spur so they're double-action only. The good news for tank commanders is that they can hop right out of their burning tanks without catching on anything. The bad news is that then they have only a .38 revolver to face whatever blew their tank up. wink From what I've read, the troops liked the .455 Webley better because it had more stopping power. But, for playing around at the range, the .38 stops paper just fine.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]