My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Wahoo! A New Firearm!

Started by Lee_S, 05/01/2011 05:42AM
Posted 05/01/2011 05:42AM Opening Post
I went down to Walmart today and plunked down for a new firearm. grin
It's a Henry Lever Action .22! It looks nice. It's got a Walnut stock,a smooth action, a nice sight picture, and a hooded front sight.

Later this morning, I'm heading for the range out in the Apalachicola National Forest and, if I don't hear any banjos or see bigfoot or see any dangerous behavior, I'm going shooting! I even scrounged up some ammo from my pre-recession stocks!

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]
Posted 05/01/2011 05:48AM #1
Sounds great!
Love them 22's.
I use the Ruger 1022 all the time.
John
Posted 05/01/2011 03:45PM #2
Lee Spain said:

I went down to Walmart today and plunked down for a new firearm. grin
It's a Henry Lever Action .22! It looks nice. It's got a Walnut stock,a smooth action, a nice sight picture, and a hooded front sight.

Later this morning, I'm heading for the range out in the Apalachicola National Forest and, if I don't hear any banjos or see bigfoot or see any dangerous behavior, I'm going shooting! I even scrounged up some ammo from my pre-recession stocks!

Congrats! Henry's are really nice. Good to hear of Walmart selling them.

Saw a "youth model" Henry .22 at a store that was a very compact rifle. 16" barrel and short stock. Just holding it at the store, the pull didn't seem so short that an adult couldn't shoot it comfortably. It was just a basic blue model, less than $200, but the action felt just as smooth as the more expensive models.
Posted 05/09/2011 03:36PM #3
Great choice!

I have two Henry lever actions, a .22lr just like yours and a Big Boy .357/.38. The Henry .22 is actually my favorite gun to shoot out of all my guns. Very accurate also.
Posted 06/03/2011 02:08AM #4
Here is a review of that Henry .22 Lever Action...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8099745/rifle_review_henry_repeating_arms_22.html?cat=15

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]