Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

1953 Ivaders From Mars

Started by Midnight Sun, 04/04/2009 04:08PM
Posted 04/04/2009 04:08PM Opening Post
Its been 56 years since I accompanied my dad to the movie theater and saw this "Scary" show. I had nightmares for several days after.. at the tender age of 7 I could hardly image anything more frightening than the Martian in the Bell Jar !! Now at the age of 63.... I was more interested in all the Army tanks that were doing "Nothing" as the Invaders were running in circles under the sand dune??? Check it out for yourself 4 **** review may not be in the offering.. John

Posted 04/05/2009 02:29AM #1
Hey John
Your right! That Sci-Fi movie was vary scary to a young boy back in the day. I remember the anyone who walked in the area where the Martains were underground the ground would open up and the person would be pulled under the ground.
And don't forget about the thing with the cuts on the back of the neck.
Yeah! I stayed under my covers for a long time after watching that movie smile

Arthur
Posted 04/07/2009 12:24PM #2
John Meiners said:

Its been 56 years since I accompanied my dad to the movie theater and saw this "Scary" show.

Scared me too at a second-run house (prob'ly doublebilled with a Bowery Boys flick) in the late 50s - early 60s. Viewing today it actually holds up fairly well: body snatchers before the Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/