My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Started by dozer613, 12/07/2009 02:35AM
Posted 12/07/2009 02:35AM | Edited 12/07/2009 02:36AM Opening Post
Just saw the movie,pretty good,seems at least some of it was researched
OK,here is some questions.
(1) If baktun 13 is ending and a great cataclysm is predicted,what happened when baktun 12 ended? anything?
can't find anything
(2) Can neutrinos mutate the way they say in the movie?
Hope this does not start some BS rant
Marty
Posted 12/07/2009 05:52PM #1
The entire 2012 ending predicted by the Mayan calendar is a total misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar. It has no more meaning than December 31st on our calendar. The Mayan calendar actually makes reference to several dates many years beyond the manufactured ending. The best thing that can be said about 2012 histeria is that a lot of people will figure out how to make money from it. The movie industry already has.
Posted 12/08/2009 10:34PM #2
Thought the science was bull, but the movie was fun (I mean it is just a movie). Loved the car chase through the crumbling city. It would have been better if they cut at least a half hour from the end.
Posted 12/31/2009 06:46PM #3
I saw 2012 at a second run theater on Wednesday night. The first half hour or so was silly but entertaining. However, it was all downhill, excruciatingly so, from there. This film really jumped the shark when Woody, its only bright spot, bought it.

2012 ground on and on and on, grinding countless digital extras in its wake. I kept hoping that the world really would come to an end, right then and there, to put me out of my misery. I wonder why John Cusack, an actor who I admire, ever had anything to do with this disaster of a disaster flick. The movie may have only cost me only $3 but I'll never get those two-and-a-half-plus hours back.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/2012/

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/2012

Dave Mitsky

Chance favors the prepared mind.

De gustibus non est disputandum.