The Iris

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

"Knowing" is a dud!

Started by William123, 03/21/2009 12:10PM
Posted 03/21/2009 12:10PM Opening Post
I give it a B- for plot, A+ for special effects (but every sci-fi movie has good special effects these days).

Say, what'd you think about BSG's finale? I thought it was somewhat satisfying, but I was hoping for more.... Kinda sad finale, really.

Bill
Posted 03/21/2009 02:05PM #1
I dunno- if I followed the BSG plot at the end, your very mitochondria are 'Hera'looms... grin .

I still don't get why the evil cylon leader shoots himself in the mouth, or what the Baltar-angel-thingie means when he says 'silly me', after he notes that God doesn't like being called that.

They at least got one thing approximately right- it is likely that 150 KY ago what were nearly anatomically humans probably didn't have 'language-as-we-know-it'. But the idea that they buried their dead is unsubstantiated by evidence, and body painting is a symbolic activity so probably AFTER the rise of language per se. Otherwise the subplot sounds a little like 'The Inheritors'.

So Starbuck goes where??

There are still other movies comin' round, so it ain't over til its over.

Jess Tauber
Posted 03/22/2009 04:47PM #2
I have the same questions but wondered why Starbuck couldn't say good bye to Lee Adama. Thought it was odd that they were so close that he turns his back and she disappears. Are we suppose to believe that these advanced and intelligent people (Baltar) are suppose to abandon their technology and take up farming? Perhaps it will become a classic like BladeRunner in 20 years!