30" Starmaster stolen

Started by Randy, 06/17/2004 09:31PM
Posted 06/17/2004 09:31PM Opening Post
Friends, Please spread the word! I posted this also on the Obsession group and thought everyone out there would like to help Brock. He's a great guy who loves to show young people the beauties of the universe at star parties (his own private ones or public).

A couple of years ago, I had a 25" Obsession scope stolen and recovered by myself some 8 months later in an area pawn shop due primarily to my persistance.

Take care and clear skies!
Randy Rogers

Wanted: Folks willing to help recover a Stolen 30-inch Starmaster!
Placed by Nils Allen (18) [Rate this user]
on 11/14/2003 (Expires 11/24/2003)
Las Cruces, NM United States
This ad has received 264 hits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------
STOLEN:

A StarMaster 30" telescope w/ an Argo Navis DSC and a White 17' Haulmark "V" nose, tandem wheel trailer which has a ramp rear door and a 36" side door on the right. Items were taken from my residence in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the early morning on Thursday, 13 November, 2003. Also included in the trailer was a Craftsman brand
tool cabinet that contained hand tools of approximately $1500 value, and two 10 ft Tripod ladders (Louisville red fiberglass and Tallman aluminum).

Any information on the whereabouts of these items would be greatly appreciated. Please contact the Albuquerque Police Department. In addition, the owner, Brock Parker can be reached at (505) 298-2792 or Additional Contact: Sammy Lockwood (505) 275-0258 OR get in touch with the The Albuquerque Astronomical Society.

Brock B. Parker AKA (a brokenhearted) starbadger
-----------------------------------------------------
Brock has registered his loss with Starmaster, Argo Navis, and several other astronomically related sites. Our theory is that crack-heads or similar low-life's stole the trailer without knowing it's contents, and will likely either trash it's unusual contents, or hopefully, try to sell it. Apparently, his insurance will not cover this loss.

Obviously, the only hope to reclaim this scope is to get the word out as far and wide as possible. There are only 6 scopes like this in existence, so maybe we'll get lucky. I would ask that you forward this note to any/all astronomical listservs and bbs's. SPREAD THE WORD...

If there is any good news here, it's that his 18" dob, and his eyepiece case was not in the trailer.

Randy J. Rogers

Posted 07/02/2004 05:17PM #1
I read about his before, it is a shame! I hope that he finds it.
Floyd

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager