My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Sylvain Humbert

August 6, 2019 07:27 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Beware, potential fraudulent announcement

Posted By Sylvain Humbert

Dear, I am currently waiting for an AP 130 EDF that was being sold by a seller in Portugal. Since I live in Europe, I thought it would be easy, but it is not : I did chat with the seller, got a copy of his ID, and paid the amount for the refractor : since then, I have no news, it has been a week now, I am getting worried, seriously.
So, be careful, the ad is still open, don’t fall for it, an AP130 EDF f6 in Portugal, BE CAREFUL !
(Any astromarter in Europe who got trapped like me, and who know how to take legal actions, please let me know).
Many thanks
Sylvain

December 5, 2019 05:38 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Hi there...
Unfortunately not, it was IBAN transfer, all lost and my insurance claims that it is my own fault.. lawyer and police involved, it will take years and most likely I will never see my money back... :-/
Clear skies
Sylvain 

January 31, 2020 07:05 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

I thought the same, and I compared photos (I still have them for the police), it is not the same AP scope since this one has a white ring at focuser side : Portugal thief had a black ring. The case here looks much more aged and damaged than the one in Portugal. Still, I recommend to be extremely careful, it does sound weird.