ATWB Customer Gallery

pileated woodpecker

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Shuster

March 4, 2017 07:50 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

No digest emails in 24 hours?? Anyone else?

Posted By Joe Shuster

I'm a subscriber to ad digests. Normally, I probably get more than 10 a day. But I've had zero in the past 24-hours.

I looked in my gmail spam folder, and did a global search (in case they were filtered to the wrong folder).

Is anyone else having this problem?

Joe

March 5, 2017 06:16 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

No digest emails in 24 hours?? Anyone else?

Posted By Joe Shuster

Thanks to all the repliers. At least I know it doesn't seem to be limited to me.

But I'm a little worried there aren't tons of people reporting this. We could be a small pool of victims.

I'm just so concerned that the gadget that I barely know about (but absolutely MUST have) will be posted on AM and I won't see the ad. Major FOMO.

Joe

August 10, 2009 10:47 AM Forum: Polls

BEWAR OF ASTROMART AND HERB YORK

Posted By Joe Shuster

Herb,

Ben Franklin said, "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

Arguing with shrill critics is ineffective so I tend to drift away from groups that spend too much time with whining arguments and know-it-all bullies. Those folks spend so much time being against stuff that they don't have much time to accomplish anything.

Your primary "defense" is the popularity of Astromart. If someone wants a better forum for buying and selling astronomy gear, let them try to build one. Those who have tried have failed. A-Mart rules.

Meanwhile, all the bluster from bashers is just so much hot air. Don't dignify it with an explicit verbal defense. Critics live for the satisfaction of a rebuttal. And anyway, results speak louder than words.

Just be fair, honest, creative, and empathetic. Good intentions tend to bring good results.

JMHO,
Joe

April 10, 2018 04:32 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Getting an email for every new ad

Posted By Joe Shuster

Same here. Post per ad. 

Joe

April 13, 2018 02:44 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Classified ad email notices....

Posted By Joe Shuster

All I'm getting is a steady stream of emails with "New Classifieds", then "Thanks, Astromart team". I stopped counting. 

And because to the constant title, gmail treats them all as a single disturbingly clumpy conversation.

Joe

April 18, 2018 04:31 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Classified ad email notices....

Posted By Joe Shuster

Originally Posted by Joe Shuster
All I'm getting is a steady stream of emails with "New Classifieds", then "Thanks, Astromart team". I stopped counting. 

And because to the constant title, gmail treats them all as a single disturbingly clumpy conversation.

Joe

I've seen a lot of improvements on email notices in the past few days. And I'm happy to see that the digest option is back.

Thanks for the effort to get things working smoothly.

Joe