Image of the day

Captured by
Paul Walsh

Wet beak - he had just skimmed the neighbor's pond.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: john crilly

December 26, 2002 10:36 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Toys

Posted By john crilly

Here are mine...

January 30, 2003 02:30 PM Forum: Celestron

CGE series

Posted By john crilly

Anyone know why the CGE's have disappeared from Celestron's website?

John

May 27, 2004 01:50 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Doesn't this look just like Astromart ad #274094?

Posted By john crilly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3818184994

:S

September 25, 2005 01:40 PM Forum: Meade

Re: Is UHTC the same as....

Posted By john crilly

No. The "Ultra High Contrast" lettering appeared a number of years before UHTC. I believe that all 12" SCT's had that lettering; I've never seen one without it. Both of mine did and they both had EMC coatings (clearly lettered on the side of the optical tube).

John C

September 19, 2002 12:36 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tripod: Meade Giant field tripod

Posted By john crilly

Hi, Janet. Easiest way to tell a Giant tripod is the legs are 3" in diameter rather than the 2" diameter legs on the HD adjustable field tripod.

John

November 13, 2002 01:03 AM Forum: TeleVue

9mm T1 Nagler endcaps - where to get?

Posted By john crilly

Tele Vue sells 'em pretty cheaply except for the shipping.

John

November 26, 2002 12:23 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Nextar 11 gps

Posted By john crilly

Hi, Kevin.

I dunno; I've been seeing those also and wondering why. Mine is great. I've had 10" and 12" LX200 Classics and this one is the one I'm keeping. I read the NexstarGPS Yahoo Group regularly (you might want to check it out) and there don't see m to be any horror stories. Just make sure the hand controller is at least 1.6 and the motor controllers are at least 3.0; earlier versions can't be updated by the user. Actually, none of 'em can just now, but C has been promising this capability "real soon now".

John

December 31, 2002 02:36 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Astromart Etiquette

Posted By john crilly

Hi, Tim.

The experience I have had along those lines concerned an ad I had placed and subsequently marked "sold". A fellow contacted me and asked if he could use my photo in his current ad if he disclosd that it was a similar item. I told him that was fine, of course. Stealing images without attribution is a fraud on the buyer - it is implied that the photo is of the actual item.

Looking down the thread I notice the inevitable cries of "copyright violation". Sure - now quantify your damages and let's sue. What do you think... can we convince a court that you have been harmed to the extent of $50? I doubt it. Better give me a couple of grand to start, though.

John

January 2, 2003 01:44 PM Forum: TeleVue

Genesis SDF

Posted By john crilly

Hi, Tom.

I'd try http://home.att.net/~telescopebluebook/

John

January 4, 2003 03:09 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

how paypal payment works?

Posted By john crilly

It gets credited to your paypal account, where you can spend it OR they can send you a check or deposit it into a bank account for you. There are fees associated with the latter two options.

John