Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

AR 2773 from Lake Ahern Observatory

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Visser

December 3, 2004 06:25 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Shipping Over Borders

Posted By Mark Visser

I had a similar situation... It involved the meade eyepiece deal... the advertized cost was 99.00 but the seller put one 399.00 so I paid duty on the the 399.00..

Ups and Fedex are not so bad when paying on an expensive item.. but they have their set administrative fee at the minimum of 25.00.. So if you buy a 2.00 item from the U.S. and have it shipped via UPS or Fedex it would still cost you a 25.00 admin fee or whatever they are charging now..I try and avoid them like the plague now...

I prefer people from the US to just ship it through normal postage.. and I might add that I have had great success with the normal postal service.

Mark Visser

December 22, 2004 07:43 PM Forum: Religion

suicide

Posted By Mark Visser

Glad I wasn't the one actually thinking of it... but as a side point... I don't think you understand depression at a kindergarten level... do you really think someone who is depressed and willing to end it really gives a crap about what you just said???

Mark V

January 13, 2005 01:24 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Novice reseaching for first scope

Posted By Mark Visser

Since you've already stated weight, transport and storage is no problem I see no reason not to have a 12" scope.. ( unless you have kids.. it makes it harder for them to get to the eyepiece)I specifically went down in size from a 12" to a 10" because of my children's height.

The one advantage is you can use it as a normal dob or you may be good the the inteliscope part of it right away... only you will know.

I would seriously consider getting a good set of collimating tools.. unless it's collimated properly no eyepiece is going to perform well..

Just my .02

Mark Visser

January 20, 2005 08:28 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Image Resolution calculations.

Posted By Mark Visser

And this is the beginners forum??... Man I'd hate to see the intermediate or advanced grin You've all left me way behind ( grin )

Mark Visser

February 7, 2005 07:02 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Need Binoviewer Info

Posted By Mark Visser

Bill "never" did post here...

If you can't get an answer from Bill ( e-mail or phone-call) I would e-mail Highpoint... they may both be busy trying to get ready for the WSP though...

Mark V

February 9, 2005 06:15 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Meade Autostar & Comet Machholz

Posted By Mark Visser

Just to add.... I observe from the heart of the city with a 10" dob. All I can see is what looks more like an unresolvable globular cluster..I can't see any "tail".

Maybe you could be looking right at it and not realizing it because you can't see the tail like in the photo's.

Mark Visser

February 11, 2005 11:42 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

BO 101 F5.5???

Posted By Mark Visser

I thought TMB was still working on this?... It is odd though.

I think maybe people would be content just to get a higher quality lense in their scope...If I were Bill I would just Order them pre-made from a different supplier. Just take the loss and forget about it... as long as they are not finished they will be a thorn in his flesh as well his customers..

Jon.. Did he ever ship out those fine focusers that were to go with them??

Mark Visser

February 12, 2005 07:07 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Binoviewer Won't Reach Focus

Posted By Mark Visser

The 1.5x relay is supposed to fix this but you may want to contact Harry Siebert as I believe he has an adaptor already in stock..

Mark Visser

February 17, 2005 07:05 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Backpacker info

Posted By Mark Visser

Astronomics also has info on it...looks like a great grab & go !!...

Fyi

Mark V

February 24, 2005 08:27 PM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Seeking Information / Opinions

Posted By Mark Visser

Hi David,

There are no reviews on this scope yet.. It wasn't even supposed to be announced but since someone let the cat out of the bag they decided to take preorders on it.. The best description I've seen of it is at..

www.astronomics.com

Just do a search of Burgess and you will find it..

Mark Visser