Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Andromeda Galaxy M31

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Visser

November 19, 2002 01:34 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

leonids

Posted By Mark Visser

I saw about 100 per second.. It was the best I've ever seen them.. they were like fireworks going off.. Just unbeleivable... I couldn't beleive this could be happening...Unfortunetly I woke up and realized it was only a dream !!! I looked out my bedroom window and there were the dismal clouds !!!!!

Maybe in another lifetime I'll get to see them...

Mark

November 29, 2002 04:19 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

20x80 by Burgess Optical ... WoW !!!...

Posted By Mark Visser

I heard really good reports of them too... I'll be ordering a pair right shortly amongst some other things from Bill... I spent about 3/4 of an hour talking with him the other day ( I called from Canada ) . He's a really great guy!!

Is there much glare looking at bright objects through these particular ones?

Mark V

February 18, 2003 09:53 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Snow (lot's of it)!

Posted By Mark Visser

Add 20 inches to the bottom of tripod??? heh heh....Wow that's a lot of snow !!

Mark V

February 21, 2003 04:37 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

what about paypal?

Posted By Mark Visser

I love paypal... I have a separate bank account attached which I keep 5 bucks in.. when I want to buy something I just transfer funds to the bank account.. I also have a dedicated credit card with a low limit.....

When I receive funds I do the exact reverse.. I transfer to my dedicated bank account right away then transfer it to another account....

Will I ever get ripped off.... maybe...maybe not.. but I would never lose that much if I did..

I also gladly pay by MO when requested....

All are just another way to pay or receive funds and all have their risks.

Mark V

February 28, 2003 11:36 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Surplus Shed EP feedback

Posted By Mark Visser

Thanks for the question.... and all the posts afterwords..

I've often wondered myself... Now I know.... Stay away...

In the book "Backyard Astronmer" it says to stay away from army surplus glass.... is this what they are made from???

Mark V

April 6, 2003 06:15 AM Forum: Astro Binoculars

It is Worth Having Big Binoculars

Posted By Mark Visser

Trade off:

Is the extra aperature really worth it??? I've been debating wether to get burgess lightweight 20x80's which are only 3.5 lbs... These would be very hand holdable for me so I could take them virtually anywhere and not worry about it.

On the other hand there are the Burgess 25 x 100 which weigh significantly more ( 10lbs??). In that case I would definately need a mount which would mean if I wanted to take them with me anywhere I would have to lug the mount with.

Now I don't mind laying on my back in a lawnchair with my elbows supported looking into the sky.. Would you be able to do this with the 25 x 100's.... I had a pair of 15 x 70's and experienced an excellant 3d effect with those so I could imagine what a bigger size would do.

Advice anyone???

Thanks

Mark V

April 18, 2003 10:26 PM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Burgess Site Update?? WHEN??

Posted By Mark Visser

I would suggest you go to his site, get his number and call him..... He will unload a wealth of information for you and answer any questions you may have and more...

I know because I've done just that...

Mark v

April 25, 2003 06:21 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Broadband nebular filters?

Posted By Mark Visser

I live in a the heart of a city with population 40,000. I have the Orion Skyglow.... It increased M42 by about a third. I have an 8 inch dob... I just received the Orion Ultrablock and will be trying out tonight..

Mark V

April 28, 2003 07:26 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Good Book

Posted By Mark Visser

Thanks Guys,

I now have plenty to get me on my way... These were just the type of books and sites I was looking for!!

Mark Visser

May 23, 2003 07:47 AM Forum: Astro Binoculars

Bino collimation

Posted By Mark Visser

Hi Rich,

There is a binocular group on the yahoo site.. There is a person there that was offering to repair bino's. He worked for Orion for 3 years. He has repaired more than 20,000 instruments to date.... May be worth checking out. His post is within the last month under binocular repair so is easy to find.

Mark V