Posts Made By: James Lacey

November 29, 2022 06:49 AM Forum: Politics

When you think that you can control people and act tyrannical because you have deep pockets...

Posted By James Lacey

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
But the guy you are trying to control has just as deep of pockets and says to you "Oh really?  Well f*** your mama too"!  

LOL

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/elon-musk-says-own-smart-123558086.html

tongue

It was a flippant comment in a Tweet, hardly a firm business commitment. Besides, Elon has lost so much money on his Twitter acquisition I doubt he has the capital or the leverage to start a smart-phone venture.

November 29, 2022 10:38 PM Forum: Politics

So great to watch the leftists go insane.

Posted By James Lacey

I enjoyed the characterization of the CNN crew as "Hyperventilating" in the article.

Darn it!!  No more censoring of free speech by the left.  

What could be worse!  LOL  

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2022/11/28/cnn-throws-a-fit-over-elon-musk-tweeting-meme-making-fun-of-the-channel-n2616446

As one reads through the article, it appears that the left is becoming More and More Frantic as they attempt to figure some new way to shut down free speech.

It sure is fun to watch.  smile

As usual, you are confused about what free speech is, and you seem to think that free speech means speech I like should be allowed in any situation. The real world is far more nuanced and detailed than you ever seem to be able to understand. First, Twitter is a private company that can limit speech on its platform in any way they choose. You may not like it, but it's not a violation of the first amendment. For example, I'm sure you had no problem with the NFL implementing a rule against player protest after the Colin Kaepernick affair. Second, free speech does not mean we have the unfettered right to say whatever we want, whenever we want, wherever we want. There are many categories of speech that are not protected by the first amendment at all. Hate speech and the threats, obscenity, defamation, and incitement that often accompany it are not protected. Lastly,  the government can regulate speech for people in specific unprotected categories, such as government employees. To put it bluntly, Twitter never censored free speech, you disagreed with what they were censoring because of your right-wing bias.

November 29, 2022 11:41 PM Forum: Politics

So great to watch the leftists go insane.

Posted By James Lacey

Not confused at all about free speech. Let me explain why you and the other leftists and far leftists are confused.

You bring up the "1st amendment".  I've not used the words "1st amendment" at all so far in this thread.

I'm simply stating the fact that your side of the political aisle is terrified of free speech, as they attempt to shut it down everywhere they disagree with it.

One of the places they DID shut it down was on Twitter.

Facts:

1) Twitter under the auspices of the former leadership "censored" speech.  That is an undeniable fact. They censored speech of people whose views they disagreed with.  They censored the story of the Hunter Biden Laptop provided by the NY Post.  They called it disinformation. We now know that the story that the NY Post printed was factual.

2) I never said that the censorship was "illegal" and was a legal violation of the 1st amendment.  When did I say that?  The correct answer is that I didn't.  

3) The censorship of free speech via Twitter under the former leadership was in spirit anti-American and aligned with how communist nations approach their censorship and shutting down the speech of their citizens.  Twitter was formerly aligned with communist China in their approach towards free speech.

Having stated those facts, I'm just getting a kick out of watching the "triggered" leftists here and everywhere get hysterical and work themselves into a frenzy over the idea that Elon Musk has opened the Twitter site up once again to free speech rather than censoring the speech that they don't agree with.  smile 

You are weaseling out of admitting Twitter did not limit free speech by redefining the accepted common meaning of free speech. Got it.

November 30, 2022 11:49 PM Forum: Politics

A life well lived

Posted By James Lacey

Originally Posted by James Brown

James owned him this morning, and serial multi-posting is Rich's coping mechanism.

Anything to keep from admitting he's wrong about something, like the thread on odds.

It's amusing since Rich is legendary for latching onto any small or minor mistake someone else makes and using it to launch into outrageous tirades against that person. The only purpose seems to be to undermine the other person as much as possible. It rarely has anything to do with the subject being discussed.

December 1, 2022 12:01 AM Forum: Politics

How biased was the leftist Democrat run Twitrter before Elon Musk took over?

Posted By James Lacey

Here is one example.  

https://twitter.com/LilaGraceRose/status/1597369498805612551

Removing non profit organizations like Lila Rose's.

Why was she banned??  Well, she had the gall to criticize Planned Parenthood for killing babies in the womb.

After all it is the Leftist Democrat Party's most favorite pasttime. 

It was not Rose who was banned from Twitter; it was the activist organization, Live Action she helped to found. Live Action is intentionally provocative, and they have had similar run-ins with most social media platforms, including Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, etc. Additionally, Live Action was an advertiser on Twitter, not a regular user, and Twitter has clear and transparent rules that advertisers must follow. Live Action violated those rules. This is yet another false example of a free speech issue and, in reality, an example of a Twitter advertiser refusing to follow the rules.

I'm sure that if you spent even five minutes looking into all these supposed outrageous examples of Twitter leftist bias, you would quickly discover you are being misled. Still, you won't because you like being deceived and outraged by false and misleading stories.

December 2, 2022 10:33 PM Forum: Politics

12 Threads - 0 replies - Still doesn't have a clue as to why no one replies to his threads

Posted By James Lacey

Originally Posted by James Brown

Whoosh - that is the sound of my joke going over your head.  Hopefully Greg got it.  I'm sure others did.  J

Only someone with zero capability of introspection, like Rich, could have missed your joke.

December 2, 2022 10:57 PM Forum: Politics

12 Threads - 0 replies - Still doesn't have a clue as to why no one replies to his threads

Posted By James Lacey

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
Pretty much 90% of why I even bother hanging out here is to watch Rich call you guys out on your BS.....ohhh and I also get a kick out of how transparently you guys pat each other on the back when you do happen to get one up on him....which isnt often but whenever it does you all gleefully do a round of patting your backs....hilarious!

It's always interesting to see how other people perceive the same situation. You, for example, seem to think that Rich routinely "calls us on our BS," when I'm pretty sure the rest of us only see Rich deflecting, gaslighting, shifting the blame, and ridiculing. These four tactics are the majority of what his posts encompass.

December 4, 2022 12:37 AM Forum: Politics

Looks like the Biden team in the runup to and immediately before the 2020 Presidential election were colluding w/Twitter

Posted By James Lacey

First, it's old news. Nothing in these "Twitter files" is not already known. Second, Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter at the time, admitted in 2021 that Twitter made a mistake in blocking the content before a Senate Judiciary committee. Still, the mistake amounts to little more than a process error. Third, both parties had access to the tools that could be used to ask for Tweets to be deleted, and both used them liberally. Matt Taibbi mentions this in the threads that you linked. Fourth, it appears that all of the Tweets that were censored violated Twitter rules, such as a prohibition on posting hacked material. Lastly, even Taibbi wrote that he had seen no evidence of government involvement in Twitter's moves. It was strictly an internal Twitter decision. If you read all of Taibbi's threads, you can see all of this for yourself.

No doubt this is a provocative move by Musk to stir the pot, but this whole story is just another nothing-burger.

December 4, 2022 03:22 AM Forum: Politics

Looks like the Biden team in the runup to and immediately before the 2020 Presidential election were colluding w/Twitter

Posted By James Lacey

1)  First, it's old news

And once again the regular excuses start pouring out of the clapping seal crowd.  Old news, nothing to see here, move along, etc...

2)  the CEO of Twitter at the time, admitted in 2021 that Twitter made a mistake in blocking the content...

Gee, how convenient for the left.   Sorry we made a mistake in interfering with the 2020 election...   Yep, got it. 

3)  Still, the mistake amounts to little more than a process error.

OOH, isn't that convenient for you, just a process error.  Yeah sure it was.  The Biden team gives orders to Twitter to block content and the Twitter group obliges and sends memos out saying "Handled".  Not only that but the FBI and DOJ contact FB as well to make sure that the Hunter Biden Laptop story gets removed so that nobody can see it, but hey NO collusion here to interfere in an election.  Trust us, we're telling you it was Russian Disinformation.

Fact:  Polls were taken of Biden voters and 15% said that had they known about the Hunter Laptop story, they would not have voted for Joe Biden, but your explanation   excuse has firm legs.... 

4)  Lastly, even Taibbi wrote that he had seen no evidence of government involvement in Twitter's moves.

Really?  Taibbi stated that the gov't wasn't involved in the Laptop story, but that is vague and can be taken a number of different ways.  He even states in his #22, saying "In fact, that might have been the problem...", implying that the gov't didn't bother to investigate the laptop. 

Now he makes that claim, however there was PLENTY of gov't involvement.  We know that there was involvement since the FBI according to Mark Zuckberberg, contacted FB directly and told them that they had a suspicion that the Laptop was fraudulent and created through Russian Interference.

They had no evidence to make that claim but they decided to make sure FB was aware that the US Gov't FBI was watching them and what they allowed to be said on FB.  

5)   this whole story is just another nothing-burger.

Not at all, this is just the very initial Twitter Files that Musk will be releasing. It is already damning and my guess is that it will get much worse in showing just how corrupt the FBI and DOJ were and are in influencing the outcome of an election.

Your regular excuses for the corruption are the nothing burger.   

Yes, it's old news. Well, I take that back a little bit. Taibbi was given access to Twitter internal documents we had never seen before. However, there is zero evidence that the government, much less the FBI and DOJ, had anything to do with Twitter's decision to nix the Hunter Biden laptop story. No doubt Musk's move will ingratiate him with conservatives and conspiracy theorists. It will also possibly provide Twitter with some fleeting internet fame. But in the long run, I'm quite sure there is nothing to see here. There is no incontrovertible incriminating evidence of a Democratic conspiracy to censor.

December 4, 2022 05:41 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By James Lacey

Yeah right, because when those upper level Twitter execs wrote memos saying the Biden camp has asked us to remove the stories and the news reports, and the Twitter people respond with "Handled", that means nothing.

8. By 2020, requests from connected actors to delete tweets were routine. One executive would write to another:  “More to review from the Biden team.” The reply would come back: “Handled.”

Nope, nothing to see there at all!  tongue

Thanks for giving me a good chuckle to go through the rest of today with!  smile

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/13/us/politics/fec-twitter-hunter-biden.html

The Federal Election Commission ruled in 2021 that "Twitter’s actions regarding the Hunter Biden article had been undertaken for a valid commercial reason, not a political purpose, and were thus allowable."

As I said, it's old news and a nothing-burger.