Posts Made By: Larry Citro

April 29, 2003 05:04 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

NGC 2903

Posted By Larry Citro

hi all,

Here's an image taken with my Takahashi Mewlon 250 @ f9 and a ST8E in poor seeing conditions FWHM about 4 arcsec and 3.5 arsec after 3 iterations of ccd sharp. 5mins x 7 median combined in maximDl and mild DD applied.

clear skies,

Larry Citro

http://www.starryforge.com

May 3, 2003 02:45 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

m90 Lum image

Posted By Larry Citro

hi everyone,

this is the lum of a m90 I've taken with my Mewlon 250 and ST8-E 80 mins (5x14). I have to add the color data and will post the LRGB later. I really like the way this galaxy looks. I've not seen many picts on the web .. it must be one of the lost M objects.

clear skies,

Larry Citro

May 3, 2003 07:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M90 LRGB

Posted By Larry Citro

hi all,

I added color to my m90 image. LRGB 80:15:15:15 mins RGB 2x2 bin taken with a Takahashi Mewlon 250 at f9. Processed in MaximDl and PaintshopPro.

There are some gradient problems I have to work on.

comments welcomed

clear skies,

Larry Citro

httP://www.starryforge.com

May 4, 2003 10:44 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

NGC2903 lrgb image

Posted By Larry Citro

hi all,

I've added some Lum and color to my image of ncg2903 in Leo. The core of the galaxy is bright ( very easy to see in my 12 1/2" dob which I set up while I was imaging .)

Tak Mewlon 250 at f8 LRGB 90:15:15:15 mins with ST8-E. Image reduction in MaximDl and LRGB combine, layers and cutrves in Paintshop Pro.

It was a very clear night here last night but the seeing was fair to average. The FWHM of the stars is about 2.5 arcsec. The transparency was great while using my dob ... picked off a lot of galaxies last night ..but the imaging set up strugled with the seeing, I had to lower the aggressivness of the stv to as low it would go and still track to avoid chasing the seeing.

clear skies,

Larry Citro

May 9, 2003 02:44 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

ngc2964 and 2968

Posted By Larry Citro

hi all,

a pair of intreracting galaxies in Leo. 2964 is the larger of the two. Located above 2968 is ugc5209 a 15th mag galaxy.

Takhashi Mewlon 250 @ f9 30 min expsoure (5min x 6)

clear skies,

Larry Citro

http://starryforge.com

May 18, 2003 09:29 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Abell 37 pn in Virgo

Posted By Larry Citro

hi,

Virgo has more than galaxies. Here's a iamge of Abell 37 (IC971) a planetary nebula in Virgo nopt far from Spica. It's 14th mag with a 17 mag central star and about 40" in size.

Taken with my Mewlon 250 @ f12 ST8-e 2x2 bin L 3x3 bin rgb 20:5:5:5;mins. Not the greeatest resolution but it has some nice colors.

clear skies,

Larry Citro

http://starryforge.com

October 12, 2003 02:19 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

ngc6888 HaRGB image

Posted By Larry Citro

hi,

Here's an image of the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus taken with a Televue Genesis SDF and a ST8e. HaRGB 60:10:10:10 mins, RGB binned 2x2.

clear skies,

Larry Citro

November 20, 2003 03:23 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Apo's ???

Posted By Larry Citro

hi,

Just thinking about Apo's and what they are best at verses other types of scopes

Astrophotography espicially wide field ... none better

Planetary/Lunar Observing ...excellent but a MakCas or MakNew of 1" larger arpertue will do as well for less money.

Doubles .. ditto above

Deep Sky... Achro's do as well, and Newts and Sct's do better for less money

So the question is why is there so much Apo fever around ?

Clear Skies,

Larry Citro

December 18, 2003 09:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

my lightweight winter rig

Posted By Larry Citro

hi,

Just thought I's post a picture of my lightweight quick pickup and go winter rig. A Losmandy gm8 tripod, a Unistar mount and a Televue Genesis. It weighs about 30 lb total and I leave it set up int the garage. Pick it us as is and carry it 30 feet onto the driveway to use. I also have a orange tube celestron 8" i mount on this.

clear skies,

December 20, 2003 01:57 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

5" for the price of a 6"

Posted By Larry Citro

Hi,

Just saw this add for a AP 5"

http://www.astromart.com/viewad.asp?cid=236997

Now why would anyone buy this when they could buy a 6" Tak for about the same price ?

Larry Citro