My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jianhua Chu

December 10, 2003 08:30 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Which Nagler is better for binoviewing

Posted By Jianhua Chu

16mm type 5 vs 12mm type 4. I prefer the 1.25" barrel of 16mm type 5 than the 1.25"/2" barrel of 12mm type 4. But the latter has longer eye relief.
What do you think? Thanks for any comments.

Jianhua Chu

January 4, 2004 01:36 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Where to get T-adaptor?

Posted By Jianhua Chu

Where do your guys order T-adaptors that connect the T-ring to the 2" drawtube? Astrophysics sells a set for $55 (T-ring included). Is there any cheaper ones available on the market? Thanks for viewing my post.

Jianhua

February 12, 2004 12:40 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Is Takahashi EM-2 usable for long time exposure?

Posted By Jianhua Chu

Hi, guys
I am just getting into film astrophotography. I own a Takahashi EM-2 mount which has only one axis drive. I wonder If this mount is usable for long time exposure.
I understand that in order to do star guiding, you need to adjust both axis from time to time. The declination axis on the EM2 is only adjustable manually. Will the manual adjustion introduce vibration that fails guiding?
Are there anyone having experience takine long time exposure with the Takahashi EM-2? Thank you for any suggestions

Jianhua Chu

February 24, 2004 08:01 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Where do you guys develop your slide films?

Posted By Jianhua Chu

I just finished my first role of slides and eager to see the results. The Kodak photo center in a nearest Rit-Aid charges over $7 for a 36 exposure role and you have to wait for 7 days.
Where do you usually process your slides? Do you recommend prepaid mailer? Thank you for your help!

Jianhua

November 9, 2003 12:24 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Identification Help

Posted By Jianhua Chu

The symbol is Chinese, means "Shanghai", the largest city of China.

January 4, 2004 04:35 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Where to get T-adaptor?

Posted By Jianhua Chu

Thank you Eric. What I need is not the T-ring but the "T-adaptor" The T-adaptor screw onto the T-ring at one end and insert into the eyepiece tube of the telescope at the other.

Jianhua