My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Ciskowski

January 10, 2023 12:54 AM Forum: Mounts

Meade 90 ETX tube to Polaris GEM

Posted By Michael Ciskowski

I am wanting to mount a 90mm ETX to a Polaris mount for a grab & go scope. Does anyone have suggestions for a cradle for this marriage?
My temporary cradle is not satisfactory. Thank you for your advise. Mike

January 10, 2023 07:08 AM Forum: Mounts

Meade 90 ETX tube to Polaris GEM

Thank you Gene. You solved my problem.

November 13, 2023 02:45 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery Telescope

I am trying to get some help identifying this telescope. It does not resemble any anything that I have seen advertised in the popular telescope companies over the past fifty years. It is a 8" classical Cassegrain. The focuser, counter weight, & finder scope are brass. The silver part are aluminum castings and the back end seems to be steel.

November 13, 2023 02:51 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery Scope #2

The fork mount and pier to the mystery scope. Thankful for any information that anyone can provide.

November 13, 2023 02:44 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery Scope #3

This is the drive to the mystery scope. The two small gear mechanism is part of the manual slewing function.

November 19, 2023 04:20 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery Scope #4

I would appreciate any information on the manufacture or history of my "new" telescope.

November 21, 2023 02:53 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery Scope #4

I have spent the past couple of days cleaning & polishing the brass pieces at the eyepiece end of the telescope. I will post some photos when I finish those pieces. It has one brass eyepiece. Not marked but when I tested the scope, the view appeared to be very similar to my 19mm eyepiece in my 6" f 8 refractor. No, the latitude is not adjustable. I have ideas to make a simple wedge to place between the pier & mount base if necessary.

November 23, 2023 12:57 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery Scope 5

Refurbishing of my new "old telescope" is progressing. I removed the brass/bronze components at the eyepiece end and cleaned and polished them. After several decades of neglect, they were pretty heavily oxidized & tarnished. I chose not to lacquer them but to let them evolve a natural patina over the next couple of years.

November 30, 2023 03:17 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Mystery scope #6

The finder scope for my mystery scope is solid brass' The aperture is 40mm.  Stamped in the tube is R 1336.  The eyepiece has a slide to close the eyepiece instead of using a lens cap. It has a little pin that you can open & close with your thumb. I have seen similar slides on antique telescopes & binoculars of European manufacture. Again, I will appreciate any speculations on the manufacture & origin of my new "old telescope".