Posts Made By: Stewart Valentine

April 13, 2019 06:07 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Ratings not being accepted, and ratings disappearing

Posted By Stewart Valentine

Somehow I unentenally gave Richard Harding one star.  I don't know what I "touched" but it was my entention to give 5. Can I change that somehow?

April 16, 2019 09:53 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Instructions on changing a rating?

I gave good written reviews of Richard Harding but it seems that I touched a one star rating instead of 5. How can I rectify this?
It bothers me slot. 

April 16, 2019 10:46 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

June 21, 2019 09:52 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

TMB's Designs?

I have one,,,,,,, they are worth the wait ,,,,,,,I'm saving for another small enough to be portable. I have a losmandy gem. 2 just waiting for a scope. Very satisfied. Can't wait for "any" clear night.  can you ever have to many telescopes?

July 12, 2019 09:19 AM Forum: After Dark

astro cams

I picked up one of those.  I believe I may not have all the connecting parts.  I would love to give it a try. Love to put it on the 228 my tmb. 

December 29, 2019 06:15 PM Forum: Reflectors

Polishing the secondary of a c14

Well,  my question is.  ,Is anyone doing that.  I heard a while back that Celestine corrected them on the secondary and tended to leave them a bit rough and realising them "could" be the ticket to better views.  I have an orange tube of the late 70s era that I would like to improve if possible

December 29, 2019 06:16 PM Forum: Reflectors

Well,  my question is.  ,Is anyone doing that.  I heard a while back that Celestine corrected them on the secondary and tended to leave them a bit rough and realising them "could" be the ticket to better views.  I have an orange tube of the late 70s era that I would like to improve if possible

July 28, 2020 02:04 AM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Generally underwhelming results from 8” LX200 classic

Save your money. You need to get to 11 inch to really start to see stuff. I sold one complete for 1600. Deals are out there. I have a 9" apo. I get great views . A good 6 in. Refractor will be an improvement. My mewlon and c14 are good. Save , save and save . Then wait until you see what you want . I would go celestron but there are some others that are superb. I have bought good c14s for 7 to 800.