ATWB Customer Gallery

NGC 6357 Lobster nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Kenzie Young

October 27, 2018 09:46 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Need help with fraudulent user who robbed me.

Posted By Kenzie Young

I am not sure where to post or who to go to. I was robbed by a user here who posted an ad for a used Mewlon 210 telescope. Long after paying, he finally provided a FedEx tracking number which, on delivery, turned out to be a cheap $10 fondue maker! I basically just paid thousands of dollars for a fondue maker! Talking about an item not being as described! 

I am new here and was wondering if I could get his contact info from admins? I did file a claim with Paypal and since he didn't provide them with any tracking number, I am hoping they will resolve it quickly. If he tries to use the tracking number for the fondue maker, I will request a return for a full refund. The fondue maker came straight from Uncommon Goods and so I can use the invoice/tracking number to prove he sent me a fondue maker instead of the telescope.

I hate to say this, but no more buying from users with zero feedback. There needs to be at least one positive feedback/successful Astromart transaction before I will buy anything from anyone. Selling is fine as long as paid first. I am so upset by this, my hands won't stop shaking.

October 27, 2018 11:44 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Posted By Kenzie Young

Claim filed with Paypal and I already escalated it to a full claim. Seller has 10 days and then they decide.

October 27, 2018 11:48 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Posted By Kenzie Young

You're right, really need to do more homework before buying. The $100 rule of thumb is a good one too. 

I think this person was using stolen credit cards which is probably why he managed to slip past the identity checks here. I just wish I could get his contact info from an admin so I could file a police report in his city.

October 27, 2018 11:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Where are the female amateur astronomers?

Posted By Kenzie Young

Lots of women in amateur astronomy, many make and use their own model rockets too. Go to meetings of the Olympic Astronomical Society, some pretty terrific ones there.

October 27, 2018 11:59 PM Forum: Eyepieces

RKE "Floating in Space" Effect

Posted By Kenzie Young

Is the 28mm Edmund Scientific RKE the only one in the series to demonstrate the legendary "floating in space" effect? How about the 21mm? Are there other eyepieces that display this?

October 29, 2018 02:34 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Lost Ratings? All of my feedback gone!

Posted By Kenzie Young

I deleted a couple of old ads only to find all of my good ratings had also been deleted. Now, I have zero feedback here which is pretty much the kiss of death for trying to sell anything. Another user was wondering why there are so many people here with no feedback ratings, I think this is one of the big reasons why.

October 29, 2018 02:36 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Posted By Kenzie Young

Why pay for a membership that does this?

October 29, 2018 08:18 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Posted By Kenzie Young

They were short wanted ads with no pricing or photos, keeping them around served absolutely no purpose other than to clutter the classifieds when no longer needed. I really wish there had been a dialogue that pops up on deleting an ad saying "Are you sure you want to delete this ad? Doing so will result in the loss of all associated feedback." or something like that. 

Losing that feedback was a pretty big deal to me as it takes me back down to zero. 

December 5, 2018 10:41 AM Forum: Refractors

Opinions on TS Optics APOs?

Posted By Kenzie Young

They are absolutely superb! If you Google for them under images, there are some pretty interesting test reports on these.

December 5, 2018 10:42 AM Forum: Refractors

New WO star apo

Posted By Kenzie Young

That's what I heard too. Should be some new WO refractors coming out soon, can't wait to see what they are.