Posts Made By: Kenzie Young

December 6, 2018 10:09 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

How do I report Fraud?

Posted By Kenzie Young

I am pretty sure this ad is fraudulent and by someone trying get people to send them money, but I can't find any way to report it. Please help, I don't want anyone to get screwed!

https://astromart.com/classifieds/astromart-classifieds/telescope-refractor/show/takahashi-tsa-120-443579

January 21, 2019 08:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

TMB's Designs?

Posted By Kenzie Young

Are any of Thomas Back's designs still in production by anyone anywhere? All I know of are the Chinese eyepiece clones of the Planetary II, the Burgess Ultramono, the lenses from APM in Germany (made in Russia by LZOS), and the AstroTechs. Even then, the ATs are modified/"modernized" by another designer and so not a true TMB design. What's still out there? What am I missing? Any chance some of his designs might come back in the future?

January 22, 2019 12:46 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

TMB's Designs?

Posted By Kenzie Young

Markus, thank you so much for continuing to make these wonderful lenses available! My next refractor is going to be the 130mm f/9 version you sell. I consider my TMB/LZOS in the classic CNC tube assembly to be one of the finest telescopes I have ever owned. It's definitely my most favorite and most used. The German-made CNC tube assembly is a work of art, everything is so beautifully designed and made. You really out-did yourself on these, they are truly extraordinary instruments in every way. 

Do you still supply test reports with the LZOS lenses? Is there a waiting time to get these or do you carry some in stock? 

March 7, 2019 04:22 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

New Light Pollution Tool

Posted By Kenzie Young

Article:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/03/qa-new-light-pollution-tracking-tool-physicist-s-bright-idea

Interactive light pollution map:

https://lighttrends.lightpollutionmap.info/#zoom=0&lon=0.00000&lat=33.78523

May 19, 2019 06:31 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Moderators on The "Other" Astronomy Forums/Website

Posted By Kenzie Young

Anyone else here really frustrated by the behavior of some of the moderators over on the other astronomy forum/website? There's absolutely no consistency in any of their moderating. What's okay and encouraged in one thread on one day is considered totally wrong in a different thread and severely punished. It's all over the place and wow do they ever play favorites. I have even received hate mail from one of the moderators. I tried contacting the owner and generally just have to walk away when it happens. Today's comment from a moderator basically stating he was going to perform an abortion on the thread by deleting comments was in really poor taste. I don't get it, why are moderators allowed to be this insulting? I was hoping I could talk to a few others with similar experiences to better understand what has been happening to me.

I hope this post is okay. If not, please delete it.

May 19, 2019 07:02 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Vintage Telescope Spare Parts Exchange

Posted By Kenzie Young

Would it be okay to start a spare parts exchange for vintage instruments here on Astromart? 

I have a collection of miscellaneous spare parts and pieces for various vintage/classic instruments. In trying to make sure they all end up where needed most, I thought maybe it might be a good idea to start a thread where people could get help better understanding what parts they need/have for a vintage scope project and in finding or donating those parts. Those with extras can jump in when they see someone who needs a part they have and can post descriptions of miscellaneous parts they are willing to donate or trade (if it's for sale for much more than the cost of shipping, the item should be posted to the classifieds). Sometimes, one doesn't even remember what or where a part came from and this would be a great place to post a picture to learn more about it. I would like to see everyone able to find the parts and information they need for their restoration projects.

I just wanted to check to see if or where this could be done on Astromart. I don't want to violate any TOS, any ideas or suggestions on how best to start a spare parts exchange/thread/group here?

May 19, 2019 11:06 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

May 19, 2019 11:28 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

May 20, 2019 04:28 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Moderators on The "Other" Astronomy Forums/Website

Posted By Kenzie Young

Thanks Rod, I was feeling so frustrated. I wish I could post some of the actual letters here. I have tried repeatedly to communicate with them, but not only does it keep happening, but it also keeps getting worse and worse and worse. They have an enormous problem with biased moderation and moderators who abuse their position to cause harm to anyone they don't like. It looks like as of what happened today, the only solution will have to be a legal one. 

May 20, 2019 04:49 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Vintage Telescope Spare Parts Exchange

Posted By Kenzie Young

Joining Rolo and the rest.