New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Kenzie Young

May 19, 2019 11:01 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

May 20, 2019 02:40 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Oreo to celebrate moon landing 50th with limited edition cookies

Posted By Kenzie Young

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-051419a-oreo-marshmallow-moon-landing-50th.html

April 9, 2020 02:57 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Adapting Clave Eyepieces

Posted By Kenzie Young

Those of you with the older Clave eyepieces having the smaller, non-standard sized barrels, what are you using to adapt/convert the barrels for use with 1.25" equipment? Is there some kind of an adapter one can buy or are you making your own adapters? What's the exact outside diameter of the barrel? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

April 9, 2020 03:06 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Clave Eyepieces - Vintages, Specifications, & Differences?

Posted By Kenzie Young

I have a set of Clave eyepieces of various vintages and types and would really like to learn more about them and possibly determine when they were made. Are there any Clave experts/collectors out there who could help me learn more about what I have? What types were made when? Which versions are the best? When did they make the shift from the smaller, non-standard sized barrels to the 1.25" barrels? Thank you so much for any information you can offer!

April 9, 2020 09:20 PM Forum: Eyepieces

April 20, 2020 02:31 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Photographing CONTROVERSIAL SpaceX Starlink satellites

Posted By Kenzie Young

This showcases some pretty amazing video of the Starlink satellites. The commentary on the Starlink satellites and their effects on the night sky at the end was really astute and well-spoken too. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in using their DSLR cameras to catch these satellites or is interested in their ramifications on astronomy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfUmeCBvIQ0