My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mike Klein

January 13, 2019 12:40 PM Forum: Meade

Question on value of Meade LXD55 and 152ED

Posted By Mike Klein

I've come into possession of several telescopes including a Meade LXD55 and 152ED. Both have rings and only the 152ED appears to have a mounting plate.

I've been trying to find out their value but not finding much for just scopes w/o an appropriate mount or eyepieces.

Assuming the glass is good what might be their resale value? I live in the SF bay area btw.

Both scopes are extremely large and require a fairly large tripod. I also have a CG-11 which appears to have the type of tripod required (G-11) but this has a C11 on it.

Is there a name for the class of tripod (or mount) that these telescopes require?

Below is a pic of the 152ED

January 13, 2019 12:42 PM Forum: Meade

Question on value of Meade LXD55 and 152ED

Posted By Mike Klein

Here is the pic of the LXD 55

January 13, 2019 12:49 PM Forum: Celestron

Question on value of CG-11

Posted By Mike Klein

I've come into possession of a CG-11 telescope and am curious of potential resale value.

The DC power supply and manualsĀ areĀ missing as is the finderscope attached to top of scope.

I have several eyepieces available as well but am not sure of which I will be selling with the CG-11 vs. the 2 other Meades I've got for sale which include a LXD55 and 152ED (on meade forum).

Any help is much appreciated. I live in the SF bay area.

January 13, 2019 12:50 PM Forum: Celestron

Question on value of CG-11

Posted By Mike Klein

Here is a picture of the digital drive unit, not sure if there are other pieces that went along with it like handheld remote controls, etc.

The tripod does have 2 pieces attached to it controlling the mount which appear to connect to the digital drive base.