New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Carlos E. Hernandez

February 16, 2005 01:05 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

The Sun on Tuesday, 2005/02/15

Posted By Carlos E. Hernandez

Dave,

Thank you for the report on the activity of the solar surface on this date. I enjoyed a similar view myself two days ago as posted. The best of luck in future observations of the Sun.

Carlos

February 19, 2005 01:23 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Solar Observation (February 13, 2005)

Harald and Michael,

Thank you both for the compliment on my solar observation. It was fun making this observation on H-alpha. I look forward to your excellent images and observations in the future.

Carlos

February 23, 2005 05:34 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter Sketch Feb. 20, 2005

Sol,

An excellent observation of Jupiter showing much detail. The North and South Equatorial Belt (NEB and SEB) exhibit much detail within and along the borders. The South Temperate Belt/Zone (STB/STZ) contain ovals and dark condensations. Thank you for sharing this observation with us all.

Carlos

March 4, 2005 09:18 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter 02/24

Chris,

An outstanding image of Jupiter showing a wealth of detail. The "Small Red SEB Spot" is very interesting and bears monitoring. The large NEB-S blue festoon is impressive. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

March 4, 2005 09:22 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Moon Conjuncts Mercury Near Greatest Elongation

Curt,

A very good way for someone to locate Mercury. Thank you for the graphic, as always.

Carlos

March 4, 2005 09:30 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Copernicus-Stadius-Eratosthenes Mosaic

Wes,

An outstanding image of the Copernicus/Stadius/Eratosthenes region. The floor and walls of Copernicus are richly detailed. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

March 4, 2005 09:34 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

1st Jupiter on 03-03-2005

Raymond,

A very nice image of Jupiter. The North Equatorial Belt (NEB) and the Equatorial Zone (EZ) show much detail. Thank you for sharing this image with all of us.

Carlos

March 5, 2005 11:03 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter 03/4 Busy GRS!!

Chris,

A very interesting image showing much activity over the disk of Jupiter. The dark spot along the southern border of the SEB, preceding the GRS, is also interesting. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

March 14, 2005 07:55 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter 3/11 Oval BA

Chris,

Thank you for your excellent image of Jupiter showing much detail. The oval BA may not be disintegrating, but instead be partially obscured over it' northern border by high ammonia-ice clouds. We will have to monitor this in the future. The other features noted are interesting as well. Please keep up the good work.

Carlos

March 14, 2005 07:57 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter 3/12 Another Distorted GRS

Chris,

Another excellent image of Jupiter. The northern half of the Great Red Spot (GRS) appears obscured by bright material (ammonia-ice clouds from below?). The rest of the planet shows much detail as well.

Carlos