New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Carlos E. Hernandez

March 15, 2005 10:13 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Some Impressive Solar Activity, 2005/3/14

Posted By Carlos E. Hernandez

Dave,

I am glad to hear that you obtained some excellent views of the Sun using your excellent Coronado PST instrument (I have observed through a similar one in the past). Observing the Sun in H-alpha is exciting!

Carlos

March 31, 2005 08:19 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter 3/23 On 10/10 Seeing!!

Chris,

A very impressive image showing much detail over the jovian disk. I agree with your comments. The Equatorial Zone (EZ) appears to have a pink shade whereas the southern portion of the South Tropical Zone (STrZ) appears yellowish. The blue festoons along the NEB-S are very prominent. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

March 31, 2005 08:23 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

April Lunar/Planetary Calendar - Computer Wallpaper

Curt,

Thank you for the calendars. They are very informative. The pairing of Mercury, Saturn, and Venus will be interesting on June 25th.

Carlos

April 3, 2005 08:17 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 4/2 Perfect Night with IR

Chris,

An outstanding image of Jupiter showing much detail. You have captured the oval BA, STrZ "red spot", and NEB-S rift very nicely in your image. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

April 4, 2005 06:59 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter and Io 04/01/05

Wes,

A magnificent image of Jupiter and Io! Lots of detail across the jovian disk. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

April 4, 2005 07:02 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Letronne- walled plain

Mike,

An excellent image of Letronne and the surrounding region. The ripples (lava ejecta remnants) are well recorded over the floor of the plain. I look forward to your future images.

Carlos

April 5, 2005 07:07 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter Sketch and Observation.4-2

Thomas,

An excellent observation of Jupiter. The Great Red Spot (GRS) abd the blue festoons along the NEB-S are well recorded. I look forward to your future observations.

Carlos

April 11, 2005 06:20 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter Sketch April 10, 2005

Sol,

A fantastic observation of Jupiter showing a wealth of detail. The NEB-S festoon is very prominent. The activity within both the NEB and SEB is very interesting. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Carlos

April 18, 2005 07:56 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

GRS Disturbances

Keith,

The region of the South Equatorial Belt (SEB) following the Great Red Spot (GRS) is very active. I observed it last night (image posted above). This irregular, bright zone lies primarily over the mid-section of the SEB then deviates towards the south (below the GRS). Good luck observing Jupiter.

Carlos

April 19, 2005 08:12 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter Observation (April 17, 2005)

Michael and Sol,

Thank you for your compliments on my latest observation of Jupiter. I was impressed by the amount of detail visible under average (5-6/10) seeing conditions. The best of luck in your own observations of the planets.

Carlos