New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Richard Keppler

April 23, 2007 08:46 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: AP160 -- Painted or Powdercoated?

Posted By Richard Keppler

William Green said:

Does anyone here know? I'm just curious as to what I should expect when my scope arrives someday? shocked)

Thank you.

Bill

I'm pretty sure that the white parts are still painted. Black parts look to be polished and anodized. I don't have a 160 and have never had the opportunity to see through one but I haven't heard any different from anyone.

Rick.

September 10, 2007 08:58 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: 140mm f/7.5 Notification

William Green said:

To those of you who, like me, got on the notification list on the first day it was up on the AP website: Have any of you been offered a 140 by AP?

Thank you.

Bill

What was the first day it was "up" on the AP website?

June 9, 2009 12:11 AM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Removing a rating.

How does one go about getting a rating I have given removed?

Rick.

July 4, 2009 10:00 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Stowaway auction ?!?

What is that all about? I watched the ending of the auction. I reloaded the page to be sure it was over. No doubt about it $8800. Just where did this bid for $8900 come from over an hour AFTER the auction closed? Am I hallucinating? Was the auction still going? This is weird.

March 2, 2010 02:39 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Just sent in support - forgot to ask for mug.

I just sent in support for a year. I forgot to add in what I wanted in the notes. I'll take the stainless mug if possible. Thanks, Rick.

May 17, 2010 08:57 PM Forum: After Dark

Amazing spacecraft.

Designed, built and launched on 1/3rd the budget of the "Grand Tour", these two spacecraft have been wonders. It will be sad indeed if this glitch is the harbinger to the demise of this wonderful spacecraft.

January 19, 2011 03:45 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: Vindication for running a tight ship

Robert Apruzese said:

In view of the fact that a competitive site has temporarily (so they say) shut down their classifieds due to "a large number of scams" perhaps we should all be glad that Herb is such a pain in the neck about making sure everyone here is legit and also that he does his best to expunge the few crooks who slip through the cracks and try to rip us off. Thanks Herb.

Pain in the neck? Herb is a total PITA and I like it that way. My only complaint is that he could be just a tad more eloquent at times. I have a hell of a time trying to figure out just what he is talking about/referring to.

Rick.

April 4, 2011 05:55 PM Forum: Refractors

TEC to stop production of TEC160ED?

Just saw this on the tec-scopes yahoo group. It looks like it came from Yuri himself and is stated several times in various replies. Something to do with sufficient quality and quantity of glass not being available. Maybe it is a belated April Fools joke.

April 14, 2011 06:43 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Looks like the Radians are going bye-bye.

Meet the Delos . . .

http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/details.asp?classified_id=728296

June 14, 2011 06:42 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

AP130GT aspherized?

I recently read that the AP130GT is not aspherized on one surface. Is this true? I thought all the oil spaced objectives AP130, AP140, AP155, AP180, etc had to be aspheric on one surface.